Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is anyone else having problems with App?
czardas
post Apr 23 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 81981

Just started to travel and use the ap but I am having problems with it duplicating photos and mixing up captions when its uploaded to Teavelpod website.
It alo only shows the last 8 or so images on the ap and when you click on the +. Photo button, it shows the same images nd not the first ones you loaded with (which are there when ou go to the actual website)
Also When you edit from the ap, you have no idea if it sends contact notifications every time, which is a bit embarrassing if you are just correctingy little errors etc.

I also need to add a blog image that stays with the main title but I can't do it from the website as it requires flash and the ap has no means of letting you ad a title blog image.

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fraserc
post Apr 24 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #2

Expeditionist

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 2258383

Hi there,
This is Fraser from TravelPod. Thanks for writing in about the app.
The app should not be duplicating photos or mixing up text. At this time, the app supports adding images and image titles; the ability to add captions (the longer descriptive text) will be coming in a future update. Are you seeing title text getting moved from one image to another? That has not been reported yet, but I would like to hear more about it if that's the case.
Regarding the images, we decided to re-work the thumbnail section as it can become unwieldy for longer sets of photos. The next version of the app will handle images in a much simpler way so stay tuned and be sure to download the update when it's available. For now, you can still upload as many images as you wish; no photos are lost, but the most recently uploaded will appear in the thumbnail section at the bottom of your entry, with the additional photos accessible when you tap one of the thumbnails. The current version of the app shows you how many additional photos are attached to your entry.
When you publish from the app, no notifications are sent to your address book. You'll still need to do that via the TravelPod site until we can get that feature into the app.
We're working on a simplified way to choose a blog image but for now you will need access to a computer. While we still have many features to add, we wanted to release the basic blogging tools sooner than later so that most members could make use of them right away.
If you have further questions about the app, just send an email to support@travelpod.com and it will find its way to me. I'm always happy to help, and I do like to get suggestions for future improvements.
Thanks,
Fraser

QUOTE(czardas @ Apr 23 2012, 09:46 PM) *

Just started to travel and use the ap but I am having problems with it duplicating photos and mixing up captions when its uploaded to Teavelpod website.
It alo only shows the last 8 or so images on the ap and when you click on the +. Photo button, it shows the same images nd not the first ones you loaded with (which are there when ou go to the actual website)
Also When you edit from the ap, you have no idea if it sends contact notifications every time, which is a bit embarrassing if you are just correctingy little errors etc.

I also need to add a blog image that stays with the main title but I can't do it from the website as it requires flash and the ap has no means of letting you ad a title blog image.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kenny.grant
post Apr 25 2012, 06:21 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2640943

Hi Czardas. I've been using the app for the last 6 weeks around Asia using free WiFi in hotels etc and have not found a duplication issue. I had some issues but have put them down to local WiFi / Internet capabilities rather than the app. When you add photos and save the entry (either draft or publish) it goes to a 'pending' stage and the entry shows at the top of the screen with a blue coloured heading. I found you need to let this complete fully before closing the app or stopping WiFi otherwise what you are expecting does not happen. When loading photos I add no more than 5, then save, that way it's quicker and it has eliminated the issues I was experiencing. I then repeat this and have successfully load 40 or 50 photos for an entry.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
czardas
post Apr 30 2012, 12:23 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 81981

It appears my problems have settled down and it may of been caused by a WIFI speed.
I am now enjoying the ease of the app as it allows me to blog off line and load images, so it's ready when I get to Wifi. Great actually. Now if it can only allow me to change image order.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
sheelaghmaureen
post Nov 18 2013, 02:08 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 4307323

QUOTE(czardas @ Apr 30 2012, 12:23 AM) *

It appears my problems have settled down and it may of been caused by a WIFI speed.
I am now enjoying the ease of the app as it allows me to blog off line and load images, so it's ready when I get to Wifi. Great actually. Now if it can only allow me to change image order.

I have been using Travelpod for three weeks and I love it. But, from time to time, I find that there are two copies of some of my photos, although I have only uploaded one. It may, as you suggest, be due to variable wifi speeds. Is there any way I can get rid of the duplicates? Also, if I make the blog into a book, will the photos still be duplicated?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kenny.grant
post Nov 18 2013, 04:55 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(sheelaghmaureen @ Nov 18 2013, 02:08 AM) *

I have been using Travelpod for three weeks and I love it. But, from time to time, I find that there are two copies of some of my photos, although I have only uploaded one. It may, as you suggest, be due to variable wifi speeds. Is there any way I can get rid of the duplicates? Also, if I make the blog into a book, will the photos still be duplicated?

Hi sheelaghmaureen

Not sure why you might get duplicates, I haven't used the app for a while, but it seems relatively easy to delete them.

1. Open the entry
2. Scroll down to 'Photos & Videos'
3. Tap the photo you want to delete and it will open up
4. Tap 'edit' at the top right corner
5. Scroll down and you can edit or delete the photo.

With regards to the book, any duplicates will be printed. I converted my World Trip blog into a book of 182 pages and it turned out great, but I strongly recommend a fair bit of editing before finally placing your order. Depending on the orientation of the photos and the amount of text, will determine the number of pages in the book. For instance 2 landscape and 2 portrait pictures is all you get on one page, but if they are all landscape you get 6, thus reducing the cost of your book so I spent a lot of time editing typos, positioning photos etc. The best way to start your book is to create one, then review it. I then made notes on what photo positions I wanted to change, then went back to my blog and did the changes. It's east enough to do and you can save what you have done and come back to it a later date.

Hope this is of help and post again if you need any help on the book production
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
sheelaghmaureen
post Nov 18 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 4307323

QUOTE(kenny.grant @ Nov 18 2013, 04:55 AM) *

Hi sheelaghmaureen

Not sure why you might get duplicates, I haven't used the app for a while, but it seems relatively easy to delete them.

1. Open the entry

With regards to the book, any duplicates will be printed. I converted my World Trip blog into a book of 182 pages and it turned out great, but I strongly recommend a fair bit of editing before finally placing your order. Depending on the orientation of the photos and the amount of text, will determine the number of pages in the book. For instance 2 landscape and 2 portrait pictures is all you get on one page, but if they are all landscape you get 6, thus reducing the cost of your book so I spent a lot of time editing typos, positioning photos etc. The best way to start your book is to create one, then review it. I then made notes on what photo positions I wanted to change, then went back to my blog and did the changes. It's east enough to do and you can save what you have done and come back to it a later date.

Thank you so much for this helpful advice, especially re the book. I may well get back to you when I do it. I am still on holiday now. Will try deleting the photo but I am scared of it disappearing altogether ie both. Opines. We will see!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kenny.grant
post Nov 19 2013, 03:18 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(sheelaghmaureen @ Nov 18 2013, 12:44 PM) *

QUOTE(kenny.grant @ Nov 18 2013, 04:55 AM) *

Hi sheelaghmaureen

1. Open the entry

Thank you so much for this helpful advice, especially re the book. I may well get back to you when I do it. I am still on holiday now. Will try deleting the photo but I am scared of it disappearing altogether ie both. Opines. We will see!

Just been looking at you blog and you trip looks great. Brought back great memories of a visit we did in'07. Enjoy what time remains. Kenny
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
disha.sharma
post Nov 20 2013, 12:29 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 3456403

To be honest, I didn't move on this App as well as I didn't use this App. I will use this App & will share my experience with this App.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 02:47 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.