Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> recommend a place to stay in Singapore please?
mo_xxx
post Oct 18 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 439431
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I'm looking for somewhere central, I believe this should be near the shops on Orchard rd, maybe near Raffles and little India too... Am I right?

Budget is approx is S$150 per night for one person...

THX
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Oct 19 2009, 08:51 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

The hostel these people stayed at looks like a fun place in a good location: http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entri...13780/tpod.html

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
robjstaples
post Oct 20 2009, 05:29 PM
Post #3

Voyager

Member No.: 589

Can't give you hostel tips as I've always used Singapore as a stopover to indulge and recover from the road and stayed in more expensive hotels. My impression is that the public transport (bus and subway) is so good, you can stay almost anywhere and get easy access to the central locations.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
danstravelworld
post Oct 24 2009, 04:08 AM
Post #4

Voyager

Member No.: 104714

If you can't get to the InnCrowd, then 7th storey hostel is good too. Re the location anywhere is fine! Easier to move about than London and very small!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
skylab
post Oct 24 2009, 11:34 AM
Post #5

World Traveler

Member No.: 228012

QUOTE(danstravelworld @ Oct 24 2009, 04:08 AM) *

If you can't get to the InnCrowd, then 7th storey hostel is good too. Re the location anywhere is fine! Easier to move about than London and very small!

InnCrowd i HIGHLY recommend. The location is in a wonderful spot of little india with some amazing budget foods around it. The staff is helpful. Plays great music. Cheap. Comfy. The subway and bus is fairly close. Book ahead though, this place gets busy. Or go early before check out at 12.

--------------------
DJSkylab.com: My blog :)
ArtOfBackpacking.com: Backpacking Independent International Traveler
Facebook
"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." -Andy Warhol
"My body has certainly wandered a good deal, but I have an uneasy suspicion that my mind has not wandered enough." -Noel Coward
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
tyga
post Oct 28 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #6

Drifter

Member No.: 119771

QUOTE(mo_xxx @ Oct 18 2009, 10:58 AM) *

I'm looking for somewhere central, I believe this should be near the shops on Orchard rd, maybe near Raffles and little India too... Am I right?

THX

While I don't have any accommodation suggestions I can tell you that the MRT system in Singapore is cheap and covers all those areas so you can stay in any of those areas and only be a few minutes from anywhere else in the city.

I stayed near Raffles Hotel in the colonial district and found it ideal for sightseeing although you might be hard-pressed to find something in your price range in that area. Little India or even Chinatown might be a better bet.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
timnonis
post Oct 30 2009, 03:54 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 433101

THX

When will be your dates of travel? This will aid greatly. Also, tyga is right by saying that $150 a night in that area would be a hard almost impossible find.

Do not worry about staying in a place that is away from the central area as yup, the trains run extremely frequently and cover almost the entire island.

Cheers.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
munirfarhan
post Apr 13 2010, 04:39 AM
Post #8

Drifter

Member No.: 917861

THX

How about Hotel Royal (3-Stars) on Newton Road (I believe the address is 36 Newton Road)
It is near MRT and McDonald just around the corner

within your price range

Thanks
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:03 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Singapore

Chinatown Hotels
Little India Hotels
Pulau Ubin Hotels
Sentosa Island Hotels
Singapore Hotels
Singapore River Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.