Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which is your favourite Maldives Island and why?
maldivestagent
post Jan 4 2010, 04:28 PM
Post #1

Voyager

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 192295

Have you been to the Maldives? Which Island did you enjoy and why?

I have a few islands....... Coco Palm Bodu Hithi in the Escape Water Residence Villa, Conrad Rangali Island and Veligand Island. All favourites for different reasons, but the food, rooms, beach and service - all excellent. Can't wait to return!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
reisender
post Jan 8 2010, 04:43 PM
Post #2

Drifter

Member No.: 158028

Palm Beach in Lhaviyani Atol.

We have been there twice and would always return. Run by Italians, but you don't feel that you are on an Italian island. It's pretty large island, so you never see anyone ever. It's about one mile long and 300 yards wide. It's an all inclusive island, except for alcoholic beverages. Imagine anything. It's all in. Three meals and tea, all really tasty and not Italian. All sporting facilities. Two snorkeling trips per day, also included. Diving ... I am not sure, but I presume the trip is also included. Tennis courts, fitness centre. The only thing that costs is the Thai spa center, but the treatments are really great.

But what's more. The underwater world of Llaviyani atol is out of the world. Even when simply snorkeling you see one of the most colorful underwater worlds in the world. In the rest of the Maldives, most of this colorful world is no longer visible to snorkelers, due to mass tourism. Also, we were able to swim among Manta's, Dolphins, Turtles.

It is not at all expensive. I think EUR 2800 per week including flight from Frankfurt. You get 30 sqm bungalows, very clean, outdoor bathrooms.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
maldivestagent
post Jan 9 2010, 03:23 AM
Post #3

Voyager

You are right Lhaviyani Atol is fantastic for the diving, that is why Kuredu and Komandoo are also popular islands for divers and snorkellers.

I visited Palm Beach Island, many years ago, and do remember it was a long island, but still has the escapism feel about it!

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
elizabeth85
post May 7 2010, 05:28 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 974581
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Yeap, I agree with you. I canít forget my Maldives vacation. It is as a photo of white sand beaches, crystal clear water, gorgeous tropical fish, and over-water bungalows.. With budget hotel and tours, I got many things to explore: experience fine dining, great shopping, and a thriving nightlife scene, beach activities.. I took many photos on my vacation.hihi..happy.gif

--------------------
Crystal waters of my hometown, Panama, are always in my mind!!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
maldivestagent
post Jun 22 2010, 05:11 AM
Post #5

Voyager

Sounds like you have some fantastic memories of your holiday in the Maldives!!!!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
gerryw80
post Sep 17 2012, 05:34 AM
Post #6

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 3229393
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Conrad Maldives is my favourite. It offers a great diving site, a wide variety of resorts to consider staying at. Its suitable for honeymooners, independent backpackers as well as families and the best highlight is its Ithaa Underwater Restaurant
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 10:19 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Maldives

Alifu Atoll Hotels
Angaga Island Hotels
Angsana Hotels
Bandos Hotels
Bathala Island Hotels
Bodu Hithi Island Hotels
Centara Grand Island Hotels
Dhiggiri Hotels
Emboodhu Finolhu Hotels
Gan Hotels
Haa Aliff Atoll Hotels
Hanimaadhoo Hotels
Hembadhu Hotels
Hulhule Island Hotels
Hulhumale Hotels
Huvafen Fushi Island Hotels
Kaafu Atoll Hotels
Kanuhara Hotels
Kunfunadhoo Hotels
Kuramathi Hotels
Kuredu Hotels
Lankanfinolhu Island Hotels
Maafushi Hotels
Maguhdhuvaa Hotels
Male Hotels
North Ari Atoll Hotels
North Huvadhu (Gaafa Alifu) Atoll Hotels
North Male Atoll Hotels
Olhuveli Island Hotels
Rangali Island Hotels
Rinbudhoo Hotels
Shaviyani Atoll Hotels
South Ari Atoll Hotels
South Male Atoll Hotels
Thudufushi Island Hotels
Thulusdhoo Island Hotels
Vabbinfaru Hotels
Velidhoo Hotels
Vilamendhoo Hotels
Villingili Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.