Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Photo Comments
post Sep 20 2007, 08:47 AM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.:

We have recently released a new feature of TravelPod allowing you to comment on photos. Let us know what you think, and if something isn't working for you. One thing to note, this new feature uses some up-to-date technologies and requires Javascript to be enabled on your browser.

Cheers,
Shaun

Note: This thread is the place to share your thoughts on the photo comment feature, not make actual comments on photos.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mmnie
post Sep 21 2007, 11:55 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 90454
Nominate me as a Local Expert

orla and kieran brilliant photos keep up the good work
mickie and mary blow.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mmnie
post Sep 21 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 90454

hi lolls and kieran ye are looking good it must be all the fancy resturants photos and video are brilliant eily party tomorrow nite pa ca and boys great nice weather here mary
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kjmax99
post Sep 22 2007, 04:41 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 88508

QUOTE(Shaun McQuaker @ Sep 20 2007, 08:47 AM) *

We have recently released a new feature of TravelPod allowing you to comment on photos. Let us know what you think, and if something isn't working for you. One thing to note, this new feature uses some up-to-date technologies and requires Javascript to be enabled on your browser.

Cheers,
Shaun

IT's great Shaun!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bservold
post Sep 23 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 85424

Hi Bonnie and Tyler angel1.gif your pictures look heavenly!! That beautiful pale and bright blue water!! Must be from the white, white coral sand under it. Looks like a perfect place to turn 24!! I sent a personal e-mail as well.
Love ever. Mom and Dad S party.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
razacosmo
post Oct 1 2007, 04:15 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 93773

Dubai Busines Bay is a dream place with canals and skyscrappers.

A vibrant city within a city like the Ginza in Tokyo and New york's Manhattan.

See this wonderful building in colourful night light: www.creation88.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jiriz
post Oct 2 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 91725

Do all comments get published or is there an editing feature for un-flattering remarks?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Oct 2 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #8

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE(jiriz @ Oct 2 2007, 01:03 PM) *

Do all comments get published or is there an editing feature for un-flattering remarks?

Hi Jiriz,

The owner of the photo or the user making comments can remove the comment entirely. There currently is no feature to edit existing comments.

Cheers,
Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jiriz
post Oct 2 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 91725

Shaun, I have created a travelogue with 15 entries and a bunch of photos - all after the fact, when I got home.
Each entry had a box at the bottom "What do you want to do now?" I always left the preselected "Finish and don't send".

When I was done I put some entries into the Address Book, went to the list of entries in my travelogue and selected "Send Entry" for the first one. I send it to one of my own addresses.

It came over OK and clicking on the link I got the whole travelog with all the entries and pictures.

Then I did the same again but selected some 12 addresses. There was a message like "12 e-mails sent successfully". That was yesterday. I got only one e-mail reply (not through TravelPod) saying he could only see the introductory picture and nothing else. Nobody else seems to have received anything.

What do I do wrong?

Thanks, jiriz
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Jacques
post Oct 3 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #10

Pathfinder

Member No.: 161

[quote name='jiriz' date='Oct 2 2007, 10:56 PM' post='34349']
Shaun, I have created a travelogue with 15 entries and a bunch of photos - all after the fact, when I got home.
Each entry had a box at the bottom "What do you want to do now?" I always left the preselected "Finish and don't send".

When I was done I put some entries into the Address Book, went to the list of entries in my travelogue and selected "Send Entry" for the first one. I send it to one of my own addresses.

It came over OK and clicking on the link I got the whole travelog with all the entries and pictures.

Then I did the same again but selected some 12 addresses. There was a message like "12 e-mails sent successfully". That was yesterday. I got only one e-mail reply (not through TravelPod) saying he could only see the introductory picture and nothing else. Nobody else seems to have received anything.

What do I do wrong?

Thanks, jiriz

Hi,

Based on what you describe it seems like you did everything correctly.

The fact that your friends to whom you sent the 12 emails did not reply does not necessarily mean that they did not get it.

Some browsers have screen widths set low, so the link they are sent ends up being split onto 2 lines and that does not always work properly when you click on it.

I would like you to ask your friend to forward to support@travelpod.com the email he got from you so I can check it out.

Cheers!

jacquesl@travelpod.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ScottWoz
post Oct 30 2007, 01:28 AM
Post #11

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 124

Hi Jacques,

I've already received a few email confirmations through TP of comments that have been made on my photos. However, when viewing the photo in question there is no comment displayed. Have you noticed any problems with this?

Cheers

--------------------
Woz..

Living on a string of one-way tickets - currently kicking about in: southern Cambodia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Jacques
post Oct 31 2007, 09:34 AM
Post #12

Pathfinder

Member No.: 161

QUOTE(ScottWoz @ Oct 30 2007, 02:28 AM) *

Hi Jacques,

I've already received a few email confirmations through TP of comments that have been made on my photos. However, when viewing the photo in question there is no comment displayed. Have you noticed any problems with this?

Cheers

Hi,

Are you taking about many such comments from different people that are not appearing?
If it is only one person they could have changed their mind and removed it.

Cheers!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 10:06 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.