Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ongoing issues with website using android devices
tiggerbird
post Aug 4 2013, 07:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 658
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I have been actively using travelpod since 2006 and have generally found any issues encountered could be resolved with some perseverance.

For my current trip I am travelling with a netbook, iphone and a nexus 7. However I have encountered some significant problems which are not easily resolved:

1. Uploading photos via my nexus has to be done 5 at a time as the fast uploaded option does not work with android! This has increased the upload time and resulted in me being unable to post all the photos for each entry.
2. I am unable to create HTML links on my nexus and also using the iPhone app. Highlighting a word to link does not work therefore as an alternative I have tried manually writing the HTML code for the link in a browser window. However this takes a very long time as the page tends to scroll upwards and being able to place the cursor in the required position seems completely hit and miss and 9 times out of 10 won't allow me to do this at all.

I have tried 3 different browsers (chrome, dolphin and Firefox) to deal with these problems without luck. I use another site to blog (blogspot) and do not encounter any of these problems on any device at all however my preference would be to use travelpod as I have done for so many years now!

I appreciate there is no app for android as yet but the problems I am having using the web page are only resolvable if I use my netbook which is just not practical to carry. Therefore I hope that you are able to offer me an alternative solution to this as it seems such a shame to give up on a site that I have used for so long and a site all my readers enjoy using.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fraserc
post Aug 6 2013, 03:39 PM
Post #2

Expeditionist

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 2258383

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to write to us about your experience with the site on your Android device. I'm sorry about the difficulty uploading photos. The Fast Uploader uses Flash, which is not installed by default on the very latest version of Android. However, you can install Flash by following the instructions here:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061194
(Of course, you cannot install Flash at all on iOS devices.)
Other than that, you can also send your photos in as email entries. Go to the Blog Settings on your blog, select "Mobile Blogging" and set up an email address for this purpose.
We may look at changing the Fast Uploader to not require Flash, but I can't say when that would be done.
As far as linking your text goes, it would be possible only with the full WYSIWYG text editor, but this is not enabled for mobile devices. I'll see if we can enable it for Android, though it may not have acceptable performance on a mobile device.
Best regards,
Fraser
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
tiggerbird
post Aug 23 2013, 11:23 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 658
Nominate me as a Local Expert

My understanding is that Google have removed Adobe flash from the play store, because despite Adobe's best efforts they were unable to iron out the bugs and make it run properly in the android environment.

Adobe and the internet community at large consider flash to be obsolete/at end of life and serious developers are switching to other technologies, therefore I hope that Travelpod will follow soon and avoid losing their subscribers; particularly given the increase in Android users which now exceeds iphone/ipad users.

As for emailing photos this is just as time consuming and it would be easier to use an alternative photo site.

If you progress these issues in the coming months, I would be very grateful to hear from you regarding the solutions as I still hope not to have to move my blog to an alternative site sad.gif.

Here's hoping.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 09:49 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.