Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blogging questions: blogger/blogspot & travelpod, I'm going to be blogging my travels, but...
mynetdude
post Sep 28 2008, 12:20 PM
Post #1

Voyager

Group: Members
Member No.: 245111
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I like travelpod and all thats cool (and all the features it offers).

However, I own a domain name and blogger/blogspot (from Google) offer to allow me to use my domain name for free on their blog service and the blogger automatically uses Google Picasa web albums to retrieve photos that I upload. What they obviously don't offer is the ability to show locations like travelpod does here and thus making travelpod a somewhat better option.

I don't want to have to maintain two blogs, and I would prefer to give out my domain than some www.travelpod.com/username/ whatever if thats how it works. Of course I can actually put geo tags on my photos and somehow Google Maps can read the geo data stored in the metadata of the photos but that is a bit different than the map travelpod offers.

So my question is, A) how would you go about using travelpod and your own blog? cool.gif can/would there be any option to work with blogger/blogspot from google so that when I blog there the trip data is available?

^^ As far as the above, I suppose I could do that myself if I had some php/html knowledge.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Sep 28 2008, 02:58 PM
Post #2

Journeyer

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 17335

Interesting questions ..let me think about this.

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
Can't figure it out ...we can! Just ask us!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mynetdude
post Sep 28 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #3

Voyager

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Sep 28 2008, 02:58 PM) *

Interesting questions ..let me think about this.

Indeed interesting, but do you understand? Google has blogspot/blogger, nothing personally against travelpod if I did I wouldn't be here. But I want to be able to customize my own blog not just for traveling though.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mynetdude
post Sep 30 2008, 05:32 PM
Post #4

Voyager

I saw that travelpod can interface with facebook, and then I noticed travelpod offers "badges" a code sniplet/image that can be pasted right into your existing blogspot/blogger blog.

I think I'll just succumb to doing it this way, I would prefer to use blogger/blogspot in conjuction with google picasa for two main reasons: Integration, and Picasa can sync meaning I can see many offline stuff as I would online as well.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Sep 30 2008, 06:04 PM
Post #5

Journeyer

I was just about to get back to you with the news that we do not offer, what you were asking for, at the present time.

For everything we offer our members having to use www.travelpod.com/members/userid is not really a big imposition and you are the first one to ever bring it up.

Maybe in the future, as the world of the internet continues to evolve, it might be a bigger thing but right now we are happy with how we are doing things.....considering that we have a whole bunch of inprovements on the way......!

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mynetdude
post Sep 30 2008, 06:21 PM
Post #6

Voyager

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Sep 30 2008, 06:04 PM) *

I was just about to get back to you with the news that we do not offer, what you were asking for, at the present time.

For everything we offer our members having to use www.travelpod.com/members/userid is not really a big imposition and you are the first one to ever bring it up.

Maybe in the future, as the world of the internet continues to evolve, it might be a bigger thing but right now we are happy with how we are doing things.....considering that we have a whole bunch of inprovements on the way......!

True, yeah like I pointed in the aforementioned post of mine... there is limited support for blogger.

I'm surprised TP doesn't integrate with Google's blogger/blogspot like they do with facebook as google blog/picasa is popular along with the many other popularities around such as Windows Live Mesh and all that.

Cool I'll be here long enough, large community is present here so thats a keeper.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Sep 30 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #7

Journeyer

Glad you're here for the long term!

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 02:45 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.