Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> suggestions for enjoying Lisbon for 3 days?
pocahh
post Aug 21 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 295218

Finally decided to go to Lisbon for a holiday, short though, from next Tuesday!!!! already feeling excited:) any suggestions? where and what I should defintely not miss:) thanx!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Aug 24 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Oh wow... I desperately want to explore Portugal and Spain sometime.

Torre de Belem looks interesting: http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entri...45537/tpod.html

And these cathedrals are also beautiful: http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entri...84147/tpod.html

I am obsessed with chocolate con churros, so make sure you get some while you are there

IPB Image

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rakovict
post Oct 7 2009, 09:10 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 106347

QUOTE(pocahh @ Aug 21 2009, 05:09 PM) *

Finally decided to go to Lisbon for a holiday, short though, from next Tuesday!!!! already feeling excited:) any suggestions? where and what I should defintely not miss:) thanx!

I have lived in Portugal for 1 year and a half and have been in Lisbon 2 times. Here are my favorite places in and near Lisbon

Belem and Jeronimos Monastery. We went there by boat. well actually two. It is very cheap and it is used like a bus to reach the other shore of the Lisbon. We traveled from Lisbon city centre to opposite shore and then waited for another boat which took us directly to Belem. But if you are not fond of boats then I will suggest either taking a tram or a bus.

We lived near Lisbon castle and i think its worth to see even if it is only for the view of Lisbon city.

The other place in Lisbon is the Oceanarium and that is located near the main train station and there is a nice walk along the shore near it.

But my favorite place will have to be Sintra. It is very near Lisbon and easy to get to by train you can buy the tickets on the day. This place has many different palaces and all within one small village. One day will be enough but arrive early to make sure you get to see all of them. If you do not like walking then there is a bus going around and it stops at each of the palaces. and you can get a ticket at the train station for this bus and then you just go on and off. We walked to the center of the village but to reach the palaces on top of the hill we took a bus walking is too long. If you are going to the top bring something warm to wear the wind is very strong and it is quite high up.

Hope this helps.

P.S. For the night time there are about three streets of different bars in the heart of the city and it is great atmosphere but be prepared to be asked if you want hash or any other drugs.

Tanya curtsey.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kathryn77
post Nov 7 2009, 06:55 AM
Post #4

Vagabond

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 30044

Great tips Tanya! I'm going to Portugal for a week, this month. I'm flying into Lisbon and will be making my way south to Faro over the course of the week. Any further tips for that? Best places to stop overnight en-route etc...?
Cheers biggrin.gif

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 06:46 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.