Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> La Paz, Bolivia ... serious warning, Thieves operating on buses
womblekisses
post Mar 9 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24764

I want to warn all travellers to avoid using TRANS COPACABANA MEM (or similar initials) out of La Paz because thieves are allowed on the bus before they leave and again as more passengers are taken on board at High Alto (app.30 minutes into the journey) There is no way this could happen without the cooperation of the driver because tickets need to be shown to allow access to the bus, or at least the person should be a vendor.

Around 10 days ago my husband and I were on the night bus with this company when a young man leaned over us tapping on the window as if trying to attract the attention of someone outside and of course we kept a watch on him, but while he was doing this my small backpack was taken from under my seat.

The previous evening on the same bus, but before it left the bus terminal my handbag had been whisked away, but on this occasion we were lucky enough to have the cooperation of the tourist police who retrieved the bag and arrested the culprit.

On the 2nd night we we told by local police to report the theft in Sucre and we did but the police were totally disinterested in the information my husband wanted to give them which would have been a great help in apprehending the thieves.

We heard since that this is NOT AN ISOLATED incident so please be away and literally tie your bags down, or loop them to the seat so that no sleight of hand can remove them.

It is no fun losing things you hold dear, especially the diary of no value to anyone except me. Be aware not a victim.
Vera

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Mar 10 2008, 10:21 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Thanks for that, after reading your blog, I think it's a good idea to warn people about thieves!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th September 2014 - 09:35 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Bolivia

Bermejo Hotels
Calama Hotels
Caranavi Hotels
Cobija Hotels
Cochabamba Hotels
Comarapa Hotels
Concepcion Hotels
Copacabana Hotels
Coroico Hotels
Huatajata Hotels
Isla del Sol Hotels
La Paz Hotels
Laguna Colorada Hotels
Oruro Hotels
Potosi Hotels
Puerto Quijarro Hotels
Puerto Suarez Hotels
Quime Hotels
Reyes Hotels
Robore Hotels
Rurrenabaque Hotels
Sabaya Hotels
Samaipata Hotels
San Ignacio de Velasco Hotels
San Jose de Chiquitos Hotels
San Miguel Hotels
Santa Cruz Hotels
Sorata Hotels
Sucre Hotels
Tahua Hotels
Tarija Hotels
Tomarapi Hotels
Trinidad Hotels
Tupiza Hotels
Urmiri Hotels
Uyuni Hotels
Vallegrande Hotels
Villamontes Hotels
Yacuiba Hotels
Yolosa Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.