Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hiking/Trekking in Ukraine - east Crimea (east Krim, Krym)
gritz
post Feb 29 2008, 03:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 148486

Hi everyone! Usually i travel all summer in east Crimea (Krim, Krym) - Feodosia-Sudak cities region with my mountainbike and sleeping bag. I know this region well so if you are going there for hiking/trekking feel free to drop me a letter. I'm a pathfinder and steady traveller not a "guide" or a "businesman" and don't sell anything. Anyway besides many tourist developed attractions there are still many unknown even to many locals.

will gladly give advice and answer questions (if i can)
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
vrtulka99
post Apr 22 2008, 11:38 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 171622

Hi,

we will be moving to Ukraine for couple of years, and our first trip is going to be at the second half of August, to Odesa. And from there we would like to visit Crimea for three days. What would be the spots to visit? We will have a car, how easy is it to get around? We found a hiking trip that would take us for three days around the canyon, cave towns and cave monastery and many others, sleeping and eating at tatar families.

Do you have any suggestions, recommendations?
Thanks
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ukrainian
post Dec 19 2009, 04:43 PM
Post #3

Globetrotter

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 298776

QUOTE(vrtulka99 @ Apr 22 2008, 11:38 AM) *

Hi,

we will be moving to Ukraine for couple of years, and our first trip is going to be at the second half of August, to Odesa. And from there we would like to visit Crimea for three days. What would be the spots to visit? We will have a car, how easy is it to get around? We found a hiking trip that would take us for three days around the canyon, cave towns and cave monastery and many others, sleeping and eating at tatar families.

Do you have any suggestions, recommendations?
Thanks

The canyon, cave towns and cave monastery - good choice! It is possible to spend the whole week on this routes. But of course you'll need good guide in that case.
Here tips is good article with tips for autotourist in Crimea. It is in russian sad.gif but you can translate it through google.
It is easy to get around if you wouldn't get too deep from the road smile.gif
To eat and sleep calmly with tatar/other family I'd recomend you to check what they offer and who they are.

--------------------
Opportunities are like sunrises, if you wait too long you miss them.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
hikealone
post Sep 6 2012, 03:52 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3228643

QUOTE(gritz @ Feb 29 2008, 03:01 AM) *

Hi everyone! Usually i travel all summer in east Crimea (Krim, Krym) - Feodosia-Sudak cities region with my mountainbike and sleeping bag. I know this region well so if you are going there for hiking/trekking feel free to drop me a letter. I'm a pathfinder and steady traveller not a "guide" or a "businesman" and don't sell anything. Anyway besides many tourist developed attractions there are still many unknown even to many locals.

will gladly give advice and answer questions (if i can)

Hi,
I will be staying in Staryy Krym this September and plan to do a few hikes between Staryy Krym, Sudak and Koktebel. Any particular recommendations? Also, is it possible to rent a tent, backpacks and sleeping bags in the area?
Thanx,
Happy Travels
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 04:27 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.