Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hikes, Landmarks, things to see..., Indonesia travel suggestions
yafnaf
post May 20 2009, 01:10 PM
Post #1

Explorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 275992

Does anyone have any suggestions of places to see and things to do in Indonesia? There seems to be so much that I am not even sure where to start. I have looked into Mt. Bromo and I am going to do that, but so far thats the only hike I have really been sold on. I am going to be in Indonesia for about a month in August/September. If anyone has experience traveling through Indonesia any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

--------------------
David
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post May 20 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Did you read the other forum posts yet?

Indonesia is a pretty spread out place, so there's a lot to pick from. I'd probably pick one or two and I think Mt. Bromo is a good start.

Try this search:
http://www.travelpod.com/s/hiking+indonesia

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
yafnaf
post May 20 2009, 02:08 PM
Post #3

Explorer

awesome, I will have to look through that and do some research. I think thats part of the problem that there is so much to do I can't really figure out which would be the best you know? I suppose I whatever I do will be amazing.

--------------------
David
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bowo
post May 24 2009, 06:48 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 276238

You could star from Jakarta, after go to bandung than jogja, bromo dirtectly to bali. But you could star from bali, to java (bromo, jogja, bandung, bogor, jakarta).

If you viwsit jogja, let me know cause i live in Jogja.

greeting

bowo
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
yafnaf
post May 26 2009, 04:30 PM
Post #5

Explorer

QUOTE(bowo @ May 24 2009, 07:48 AM) *

You could star from Jakarta, after go to bandung than jogja, bromo dirtectly to bali. But you could star from bali, to java (bromo, jogja, bandung, bogor, jakarta).

greeting

bowo

Thanks bowo. I am starting in Jakarta, I don't know which order I will visit these places in but I plan to go to Jogjakarta, Surabaya, Bromo and I would like to go to Ujung Kulon National Park if my money can afford it. Am I missing anything else on Java that I should see, I have about 2-3 weeks that I am spending on Java, and I like to see things that most tourists wouldnt. Then I plan to take the PELNI boats to some other islands, havent really decided which other islands to visit as there are so many options and I would really like to go somewhere a little off the beaten path, any suggestions? And then I do fly out from Bali. If you have any websites you would recommend for research of different destinations in Indonesia I would be really grateful.

--------------------
David
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bowo
post May 27 2009, 12:44 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 276238

Hii David

If you want the alternative tourism, where is place that not many people coming, from jakarta you go to Ujung Kulon National park, that nice nature.

In Jogja you could join with us in alternative tourims like adventuring (rafting, treeking, caving, climbing, visit villages in Arround volcano, beach)

In east java, you could visit Merubetiri national park, that place is really nice not many tourist come there, cause the acces litle bite difficul, but if you like adventure that the great one.

greeting

bowo.

QUOTE(yafnaf @ May 26 2009, 04:30 PM) *

QUOTE(bowo @ May 24 2009, 07:48 AM) *

greeting

bowo

Thanks bowo. I am starting in Jakarta, I don't know which order I will visit these places in but I plan to go to Jogjakarta, Surabaya, Bromo and I would like to go to Ujung Kulon National Park if my money can afford it. Am I missing anything else on Java that I should see, I have about 2-3 weeks that I am spending on Java, and I like to see things that most tourists wouldnt. Then I plan to take the PELNI boats to some other islands, havent really decided which other islands to visit as there are so many options and I would really like to go somewhere a little off the beaten path, any suggestions? And then I do fly out from Bali. If you have any websites you would recommend for research of different destinations in Indonesia I would be really grateful.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
balifamous
post Jul 26 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 290342

For All Info on Bali surf to

http://www.balifamous.com

Regards
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:42 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Indonesia

Amed Hotels
Balikpapan Hotels
Banda Aceh Hotels
Bandung Hotels
Bekasi Hotels
Bogor Hotels
Bukittinggi Hotels
Candidasa Hotels
Canggu Hotels
Cirebon Hotels
Denpasar Hotels
Gianyar Hotels
Jakarta Hotels
Jimbaran Hotels
Karangasem Hotels
Kerobokan Hotels
Kuta Hotels
Legian Hotels
Makassar Hotels
Malang Hotels
Manado Hotels
Mataram Hotels
Medan Hotels
Nusa Dua Hotels
Padang Hotels
Palembang Hotels
Pekanbaru Hotels
Samarinda Hotels
Sanur Hotels
Semarang Hotels
Seminyak Hotels
Singaraja Hotels
Solo Hotels
Surabaya Hotels
Tabanan Hotels
Tuban Hotels
Tulamben Hotels
Ubud Hotels
Uluwatu Hotels
Yogyakarta Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.