Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> iPad app
saraogsofie
post Dec 1 2012, 12:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2882783

I am having severe problems with the iPad app. I first had the IPhone app, and used that on my iPad, which worked fine - is there anyway I can get that back?

The problems with the new app are following:
- Sometimes, when I'm offline, and I've written an entry, I want to start a new one - this is impossible, as it keeps saying either save, discard or keep editing - no matter what I do.
- A few times it has refused to update my photos. When I publish it, it only publishes the text. This has forced me to discard changes, and uploaded all the photos AGAIN.
- Now it just started acting completely retarted! I had the above-written problem, and after discarding changes, it wouldn't even let me upload photos in the app! Whenever I try, the photo screen turns white?!

This is all very frustrating, as the old app worked perfectly well.

Best regards Sofie.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fraserc
post Dec 3 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #2

Expeditionist

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 2258383

Hi Sofie,
Sorry to hear about these problems. It may help you to re-install the app.
Specifically, I would do the following:
- If the entry you're working in has not published, copy the text of that entry into another app like Mail or Notes.
- Next, tap and hold on the app icon on the Home Screen until the black circles appear on your installed apps. Tap the black circle on the TravelPod app to delete it from your phone.
- Next, return to the App Store and re-install the TravelPod app:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/travelpod/id485889767?mt=8

This should restore you to full functionality with the app.
Best,
Fraser
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
timills
post Jan 24 2013, 12:20 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3544713

Using the iPad app, every time I try to upload existing photos, the app shuts down, closes. Has anyone else had this problem?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
fraserc
post Jan 24 2013, 08:59 AM
Post #4

Expeditionist

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 2258383

I haven't seen this problem with TravelPod in particular, although it might be related to memory on your iPad. You could try a hard re-start on the iPad (holding down the power button until the device starts shutting down) or you could delete the app and re-install it. Here are the instructions for trying that:
- If the entry you're working in has not published, copy the text of that entry into another app like Mail or Notes so you can paste it back in after the re-install.
- Next, tap and hold on the app icon on the Home Screen until the black circles appear on your installed apps. Tap the black circle on the TravelPod app to delete it from your device.
- Next, return to the App Store and re-install the TravelPod app. Here's the link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/travelpod/id485889767?mt=8
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
timills
post Jan 24 2013, 09:14 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3544713

I am just testing before we leave, and just loaded the app on today. I try to add photos from existing, but when I click on the camera roll, the app crashes. Still 5 gb left on the ipad, so there should be enough memory. Will try shutdown and restart though.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 04:06 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.