Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is visiting Indonesia during monsoons a good idea???, Advice for Indonesia Oct-Nov
travelanimal
post Aug 31 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 898321
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi all,

I would like to here from anyone who has visited Sumatra-Java-Bali-Lombok-Gili-Nusa Tenggarra during what I have just found out to be the start of some pretty adverse weather conditions (Oct-Nov). Plus sides are it will be cheaper, less touristy and a little more wild but just wondering whether anyone has any serious DONT's. e.g travelling between islands on a boat perhaps.

Thanks in advance
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rossport
post Sep 6 2010, 11:32 PM
Post #2

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 202074

g'day Travelanimal,
Travel by boat should not be any major problems you will be in the area at the beginning of the wet season as it is refereed too so should be quite nice the humidity will build with the moisture content here is a web site that will give you local information including weather for that time of year the Monsoon as you call it starts in November and goes thru to march.

http://www.asiarooms.com/en/travel-guide/i...esia/index.html

The Other thing is vaccinations as well as anti malarial tablets check with your medical people before heading off , plus buy in country all your mozzie and insect replellants as they are designed for use there, the stuff you buy in the uk is only going to tickle them
as we say here in oz
go and haveabloodygoodweekend enjoy yourself

Cheers stewart
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
travelanimal
post Sep 7 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 898321
Nominate me as a Local Expert

QUOTE(rossport @ Sep 6 2010, 11:32 PM) *

g'day Travelanimal,
Travel by boat should not be any major problems you will be in the area at the beginning of the wet season as it is refereed too so should be quite nice the humidity will build with the moisture content here is a web site that will give you local information including weather for that time of year the Monsoon as you call it starts in November and goes thru to march.

The Other thing is vaccinations as well as anti malarial tablets check with your medical people before heading off , plus buy in country all your mozzie and insect replellants as they are designed for use there, the stuff you buy in the uk is only going to tickle them
as we say here in oz

Cheers stewart

G'day Stewart! Thanks for reply. I'm all ready with my 90 doxycycline pills, 100 deet repellent and mosquito deterring coils. Didn't bother with Rabies vaccinations so will be giving dogs a wide berth (esp in Bali so I hear they have an outbreak-how wonderful!) My last weekend in London was a messy one - now all set for new life/adventure/come what may. Cheers
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rossport
post Sep 7 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #4

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 202074

QUOTE(travelanimal @ Sep 7 2010, 06:23 PM) *

QUOTE(rossport @ Sep 6 2010, 11:32 PM) *

g'day Travelanimal,

as we say here in oz

Cheers stewart

G'day Stewart! Thanks for reply. I'm all ready with my 90 doxycycline pills, 100 deet repellent and mosquito deterring coils. Didn't bother with Rabies vaccinations so will be giving dogs a wide berth (esp in Bali so I hear they have an outbreak-how wonderful!) My last weekend in London was a messy one - now all set for new life/adventure/come what may. Cheers

G'day Mate all good then all you have to do now is relax and enjoy the ride have a safe and exciting time
Cheers stewart
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 06:34 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Indonesia

Amed Hotels
Balikpapan Hotels
Banda Aceh Hotels
Bandung Hotels
Bekasi Hotels
Bogor Hotels
Bukittinggi Hotels
Candidasa Hotels
Canggu Hotels
Cirebon Hotels
Denpasar Hotels
Gianyar Hotels
Jakarta Hotels
Jimbaran Hotels
Karangasem Hotels
Kerobokan Hotels
Kuta Hotels
Legian Hotels
Makassar Hotels
Malang Hotels
Manado Hotels
Mataram Hotels
Medan Hotels
Nusa Dua Hotels
Padang Hotels
Palembang Hotels
Pekanbaru Hotels
Samarinda Hotels
Sanur Hotels
Semarang Hotels
Seminyak Hotels
Singaraja Hotels
Solo Hotels
Surabaya Hotels
Tabanan Hotels
Tuban Hotels
Tulamben Hotels
Ubud Hotels
Uluwatu Hotels
Yogyakarta Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.