Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tip for Airport Transfers between Sao Paulo Airports, Guarulhos to Congonhas and vice versa
big_red_truck
post Apr 28 2009, 12:54 PM
Post #1

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
From: In the process of moving, but Currently in...Huntsville, AL
Member No.: 97423

Just a quick tip, cuz I've done this several times now.

If you want to go between the two Sao Paulo airports, Guarulhos and and Congonhas, there are a few different ways to go about it.

If you want to take a taxi, go to the taxi counters inside the airport or directly outside the doors. DON'T USE THE GUYS THAT ARE HANGING OUTSIDE THE ARRIVALS GATE!! Generally, they aren't licensed taxi drivers and will most likely rip you off in price. I've never used them but have been told by my Brasilian coworkers that this is the case.

When you get to the official taxi counter, I've noticed two different companies, "Comum 606" and "Branco-Vermelho (White and Red)" taxi companies. Several good things about these taxi counters: you pay a set amount, so you don't have to worry about getting ripped off; you can use a credit card (good for business or if you're low on local currency); all tips and everything is already included.

"Comum 606" is a little bit more expensive, but if you have 3-5 people traveling or a lot of luggage, it's worth it because the vehicles are bigger (small minibuses, wagons, and small SUVs). The price was $93 Reals when I took it on Monday and the back of the car swallowed up all my and my wife's luggage (all of which doesn't fit in the back of a car the size of a Ford Fusion for comparison)

"Branco-Vermelho" is a little bit cheaper but uses smaller cars. It's good for 2 people or 3 if you've got only a little bit of luggage apiece, otherwise, some of your luggage has to ride in the front seat, which isn't exactly safe in Sao Paulo. The price for it was $80 Reals (back in January).

There is also a dedicated airport bus that costs ~$35 Reals per person. It takes a little bit longer, but this is the cheapest way to go, especially if you're traveling by yourself.

Hope this helps anyone looking...

--------------------
Currently traveling the world for work...with a few extra fiddleybits thrown in to keep it new...it's the cheapest way to go!!!

Quote from my friend Chuck, who spent 5 months riding his bicycle all the way around the USA - "Nobody says you have to order an entree in the restaurant of life, you'll only be here once! Order the sampler, try as many as you can before you're full; odds are one (of) the items on this menu does more for you than you ever thought. And if I'm wrong, tell the waiter that his menu sucks, throw the cook aside and invent your own masterpiece. Just pour 'em all in, all your favorite ingredients. With enough imagination, any combination will work -- there are no recipes for the paths still awaiting discovery."

Most current Travelogue - Click Here

My Travelogues - Click Here

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Apr 28 2009, 12:58 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 103914

Thanks Billy Bill. I think it's always best to take public transit, but if you can't never trust some taxi driver that is pressuring you.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
big_red_truck
post Apr 28 2009, 04:09 PM
Post #3

Pathfinder

From: In the process of moving, but Currently in...Huntsville, AL
Member No.: 97423

Just doing my part to help smile.gif

And my wife wanted to take the bus originally, but I didn't want to have to manhandle all our luggage (1 huge 27kg suitcase, 1 large 20kg duffel, 1 medium 16kg duffel, and 2 carry-ons) onto a public bus and have to keep watch over them in Sao Paulo. Even the locals tell you to keep your bags close to you at all times on the buses here.

That's why I wanted to put several options out there...something for every situation!

--------------------
Currently traveling the world for work...with a few extra fiddleybits thrown in to keep it new...it's the cheapest way to go!!!

Quote from my friend Chuck, who spent 5 months riding his bicycle all the way around the USA - "Nobody says you have to order an entree in the restaurant of life, you'll only be here once! Order the sampler, try as many as you can before you're full; odds are one (of) the items on this menu does more for you than you ever thought. And if I'm wrong, tell the waiter that his menu sucks, throw the cook aside and invent your own masterpiece. Just pour 'em all in, all your favorite ingredients. With enough imagination, any combination will work -- there are no recipes for the paths still awaiting discovery."

Most current Travelogue - Click Here

My Travelogues - Click Here

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 06:13 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Brazil

Angra Dos Reis Hotels
Aracaju Hotels
Arraial d'Ajuda Hotels
Balneario Camboriu Hotels
Barueri Hotels
Belem Hotels
Belo Horizonte Hotels
Brasilia Hotels
Buzios Hotels
Campinas Hotels
Campo Grande Hotels
Curitiba Hotels
Florianopolis Hotels
Fortaleza Hotels
Foz de Iguacu Hotels
Goiania Hotels
Guaruja Hotels
Guarulhos Hotels
Jericoacoara Hotels
Joao Pessoa Hotels
Joinville Hotels
Londrina Hotels
Macae Hotels
Maceio Hotels
Manaus Hotels
Morro de Sao Paulo Hotels
Natal Hotels
Paraty Hotels
Porto Alegre Hotels
Porto Seguro Hotels
Porto de Galinhas Hotels
Praia do Forte Hotels
Recife Hotels
Ribeirao Preto Hotels
Rio de Janeiro Hotels
Salvador Hotels
Sao Jose Dos Campos Hotels
Sao Paulo Hotels
Trancoso Hotels
Vitoria Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.