Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> mother daughter travel to Paris - Biarritz travel question
stressout
post Feb 17 2010, 11:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 762481
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I have initially wanted to plan a trip to Paris, France so that my 16 year old (she has 3 years of French) and I can spend some mother-daughter time together by studying French and doing some touristy stuff in and around Paris. However, after talking to family and relatives, the trip to France starts to get complicated. My husband and younger son want to join in as well as my brother and mother. My mom wants us to visit Biaritz where her older brother lives. So, we are looking at visiting Biaritz, then Paris and perhaps a city in Spain since Biaritz is so closed to Spain. The rest of the family can only take 7 to 10 days of vacation. My daughter and I can stay a month in France. Please advise on the most economical way for us to do this. Does anyone know of a good place to learn French? About 30 years ago, I studied at Alliance Francaise in Paris but now traveling with my young daughter, I am not so sure if that would be fun for her. She definitely wants to improve her French by having complete French immersion in France.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
laorfamily
post Feb 18 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #2

Vagabond

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 30320

If I was you I'd go to Paris with the family (sans mother). After your husband, brother and son leave you can pick up your mother and drive to Biaritz, spend two weeks there with your uncle venturing to Spain every now and then.

--------------------
Living Well Is The Best Revenge

Going Down South to North Carolina
Book Reviews: http://www.ManOfLaBook.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
stressout
post Feb 20 2010, 03:59 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 762481
Nominate me as a Local Expert

QUOTE(laorfamily @ Feb 18 2010, 04:09 PM) *

If I was you I'd go to Paris with the family (sans mother). After your husband, brother and son leave you can pick up your mother and drive to Biaritz, spend two weeks there with your uncle venturing to Spain every now and then.

Thanks. this is my first time joining this forum. I just looked at the homeaway.com website and found a one bedroom appartment in the 8th arrondissement. The owner says that it can accomodate up to 4 people. It seems a bit pricey, 295 euro a night (Jun 26-29). Any recommendation regarding lodging in Paris? My plan now is to travel to Paris with my family (husband, daughter and son) for 4 days and will take the train to Biaritz. I will ask my brother to see what he plans to do with my mom.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 05:07 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.