Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> stop over from 19 hours in Doha - Doha Qatar travel question
marjanraar
post Feb 15 2010, 12:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 755261

hi there, we are a family of 4( 2 children) and have a stop over in Doha for 19 hours before we can catch our next flight. it means we will go out of the airport. i understood we can get a visa upon arrival, but then i would like to get some info about the next step: we would like to see Doha and some museums , markets ect and have some food somewhere. would it be wise to take an organized trip , and can i book that on the airport? we arrive at 5 in the morning and leave 2 at night in the middle of july. thanks for all kind of tips!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
travelingdiva
post Feb 16 2010, 02:00 AM
Post #2

Explorer

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 201752

Hi, welcome to travelpod!

In Doha I do not recall seeing anywhere to book tours in the airport. However there may be a booth near the car rentals and hotels ... but Doha is easy to get around by taxi. Taxi's are everywhere so you don't need to worry about not finding one. The big souqs (lke Souq Waqif) are within walking distance from the Islamic Arts museum, or a short taxi ride away.

I just went to Qatar in December and spent most of the time in Doha so please read my blog entries if you want to laern more about Doha and my experiences traveling there!

--------------------

Local Travel Expert for Switzerland
Read about my life abroad
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
marjanraar
post Feb 18 2010, 01:55 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(travelingdiva @ Feb 16 2010, 02:00 AM) *

In Doha I do not recall seeing anywhere to book tours in the airport. However there may be a booth near the car rentals and hotels ... but Doha is easy to get around by taxi. Taxi's are everywhere so you don't need to worry about not finding one. The big souqs (lke Souq Waqif) are within walking distance from the Islamic Arts museum, or a short taxi ride away.

I just went to Qatar in December and spent most of the time in Doha so please read my blog entries if you want to laern more about Doha and my experiences traveling there!

thanks a lot, and i will read your blog for sure, and might come up with some more questions.
m
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
marjanraar
post Feb 18 2010, 02:01 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(marjanraar @ Feb 18 2010, 01:55 PM) *

QUOTE(travelingdiva @ Feb 16 2010, 02:00 AM) *

thanks a lot, and i will read your blog for sure, and might come up with some more questions.
m

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 05:26 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Qatar

Al Khor Hotels
Al Wakra Hotels
Doha Hotels
Mesaieed Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.