Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why doesn't it show my trip starting from my home location?, Trip starts at the address of the first entry
wheresgordon
post Jan 19 2013, 08:37 AM
Post #1

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 950041
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Why doesn't it show a trip as starting from your home location? Unless I make an entry for the night before I leave my trips are shown as starting at the address of my first entry.

Also, when I try to change my home address it will list options that start with what I've typed but if I click on one of those entries it does not include the state or country as part of the address.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Jan 19 2013, 08:49 AM
Post #2

Journeyer

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 17335

Hi,

Your blog will not show your home as the departing location because you might be leaving from another place. A lot of our member do actually create an entry which reflects their departing location.

Also, when you say home address , are you actually entering your street address as the system is set up to only accept city name. But if it's not accepting the city name with the province and country please let me know.

You can write to me at suppor@travelpod.com,

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
Can't figure it out ...we can! Just ask us!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wheresgordon
post Jan 19 2013, 10:04 AM
Post #3

Wanderer

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Jan 19 2013, 08:49 AM) *

Hi,

Your blog will not show your home as the departing location because you might be leaving from another place. A lot of our member do actually create an entry which reflects their departing location.

Also, when you say home address , are you actually entering your street address as the system is set up to only accept city name. But if it's not accepting the city name with the province and country please let me know.

I'm just trying to enter a city, state and country. I can type a city and it will display one or more city, state and country combinations. I click on one of them and it just shows the city. If I enter where I actually live, Broadlands, Virginia, United States it doesn't try and auto-complete, which is why I can enter the entire city. If I put Ashburn, which is the same Zip Code as Broadlands, it will auto-complete the Virginia, United States portion but when I click on that I just get Ashburn.

I've seen blogs where the map shows them starting from a location that is not the address given in the first entry. For instance, your featured trip, Dan and Steffie's Roadtripping Adventure, shows them starting in Banff while the first entry is for Drumheller.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Jan 19 2013, 11:16 AM
Post #4

Journeyer

QUOTE(wheresgordon @ Jan 19 2013, 10:04 AM) *

Hi,

I'm just trying to enter a city, state and country. I can type a city and it will display one or more city, state and country combinations. I click on one of them and it just shows the city. If I enter where I actually live, Broadlands, Virginia, United States it doesn't try and auto-complete, which is why I can enter the entire city. If I put Ashburn, which is the same Zip Code as Broadlands, it will auto-complete the Virginia, United States portion but when I click on that I just get Ashburn.

I've seen blogs where the map shows them starting from a location that is not the address given in the first entry. For instance, your featured trip, Dan and Steffie's Roadtripping Adventure, shows them starting in Banff while the first entry is for Drumheller.

If the city and state do not come up when you first try then type in the name and then either tab out of the city name box or click on the map. That should bring you to the manual format of entering a city name. Place the name in the city name box and select search. That should find Broadlands Virginia for you and you can click on set pin and that will do it.

Cheers!

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wheresgordon
post Jan 19 2013, 04:37 PM
Post #5

Wanderer

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Jan 19 2013, 11:16 AM) *

Hi,

If the city and state do not come up when you first try then type in the name and then either tab out of the city name box or click on the map. That should bring you to the manual format of entering a city name. Place the name in the city name box and select search. That should find Broadlands Virginia for you and you can click on set pin and that will do it.

Cheers!

If I enter Broadlands the state and country do not come up. If I hit tab after entering the city, city and state or city, state and country it just takes me to the next entry on the profile page, which is Birth Place. I do not get the manual format of entering a city name. I do not get a map and there is no way to set a pin.

If I enter Ashburn it will auto-complete the state and country. If I then select the Virginia entry just Ashburn shows up as my Hometown. Again, I do not get the manual format of entering a city name and there is no map.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Jan 19 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #6

Journeyer

QUOTE(wheresgordon @ Jan 19 2013, 04:37 PM) *

Hi,

Cheers!

If I enter Broadlands the state and country do not come up. If I hit tab after entering the city, city and state or city, state and country it just takes me to the next entry on the profile page, which is Birth Place. I do not get the manual format of entering a city name. I do not get a map and there is no way to set a pin.

If I enter Ashburn it will auto-complete the state and country. If I then select the Virginia entry just Ashburn shows up as my Hometown. Again, I do not get the manual format of entering a city name and there is no map.

After you enter Broadlands have you tried to click on the map to get to the manual city entry?

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wheresgordon
post Jan 22 2013, 04:30 AM
Post #7

Wanderer

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Jan 19 2013, 10:14 PM) *

Hi,

Cheers!

After you enter Broadlands have you tried to click on the map to get to the manual city entry?

There is no map on the Settings/Profile page for me to click on. I have pop-up blocking disabled but I do not get any manual city entry page.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Jan 22 2013, 09:29 PM
Post #8

Journeyer

QUOTE(wheresgordon @ Jan 22 2013, 04:30 AM) *

Hi,

Cheers!

There is no map on the Settings/Profile page for me to click on. I have pop-up blocking disabled but I do not get any manual city entry page.

I am referring to the entry page where you would enter the city name for an entry... where are you referring to?

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wheresgordon
post Jan 23 2013, 07:40 PM
Post #9

Wanderer

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Jan 22 2013, 09:29 PM) *

Hi,

Cheers!

I am referring to the entry page where you would enter the city name for an entry... where are you referring to?

I am referring to the Settings/Profile page where you enter your home location.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Jan 23 2013, 10:22 PM
Post #10

Journeyer

QUOTE(wheresgordon @ Jan 23 2013, 07:40 PM) *

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Jan 22 2013, 09:29 PM) *

Hi,

Cheers!

I am referring to the Settings/Profile page where you enter your home location.

You should be able to manually enter any city and country name there as that location is not connected to our database of cities.

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 02:02 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.