Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blogging with iPhone
mojodojo
post Jun 13 2010, 03:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1025141
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi,

I am travelling and was hoping to blog from my iPhone. It seems there is some compatibility issue in safari on the iPhone. When I click in the text box gadget to enter my text it does not bring up the keyboard or allow me to enter anything. The other boxes seem to work ok.

Is this something I can fix, or is there a fix in progress?

I was planning to get an iPad to blog with, but I suspect it will have the same issue. I know I can blog via email, but I use the fuller control (dates, locations etc) that are available through the webpage.

Thanks
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Jun 13 2010, 11:14 PM
Post #2

Journeyer

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 17335

Hi,

Until we have a full iphone application you have to use the update express on our site to be able to enter your data in your account!

Cheers!

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
Can't figure it out ...we can! Just ask us!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mojodojo
post Jun 13 2010, 11:24 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1025141

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Jun 13 2010, 11:14 PM) *

Hi,

Until we have a full iphone application you have to use the update express on our site to be able to enter your data in your account!

Cheers!

an iPhone app sound excellent, shame it's likely not to be available for this trip! Is there an eta for the app?

In the meantime I'll try the express update option. Thanks for the info!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jglickman
post Jun 21 2010, 06:11 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 673001

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Jun 14 2010, 12:14 AM) *

Hi,

Cheers!

Any advice on how to upload photos from an iPad? I tried using the email method, and while that worked for a few days, it stopped doing so for me about five days ago.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wkspencer
post Jun 21 2010, 04:20 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 994521

Need that ipad app by August - going to Guatemala/Honduras!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Jun 21 2010, 08:30 PM
Post #6

Journeyer

Hi,

There's no way to access the pictures directly on your ipad because of security restrictions with the iPad.

However, you can use our Mobile Blogging solution.

If you go to your Blog Settings page from your Dashboard, you can set up an email address that you can send your pictures to, and they will get automatically posted to your blog.

When you want to enter text you have to use our Update Express program. If you sign in into TravelPod with a wireless piece of hardware, you will be taken automatically to the Update Express program.

This is a simplified version of Edit Entry and it works with the iPad and most mobile phones. It loads very quickly and you can find it here (If you are signed in)

http://www.travelpod.com/dashboard/entry/express

Also, you can specify a "from: <city>,<state | optional>, <country>" field as the first line of your mobile blog and it will be used to set the city. It then falls through to the last entry, last login, hometown.

The full version of Edit Entry doesn't work on the iPad because Rich Text Editors are not supported by mobile browsers. It's a known issue with most blogging sites.

Cheers!

support@travelpod.com

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jglickman
post Jun 21 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 673001

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Jun 21 2010, 09:30 PM) *
Hi,

There's no way to access the pictures directly on your ipad because of security restrictions with the iPad.

If you go to your Blog Settings page from your Dashboard, you can set up an email address that you can send your pictures to, and they will get automatically posted to your blog.

When you want to enter text you have to use our Update Express program. If you sign in into TravelPod with a wireless piece of hardware, you will be taken automatically to the Update Express program.

This is a simplified version of Edit Entry and it works with the iPad and most mobile phones. It loads very quickly and you can find it here (If you are signed in)

Just an FYI: Eric Lussier from support says there was a glitch over the last few days for sending photos from an iPad via email. It's working fitfully now, but some photos don' get posted.
Also, you can specify a "from: <city>,<state | optional>, <country>" field as the first line of your mobile blog and it will be used to set the city. It then falls through to the last entry, last login, hometown.

The full version of Edit Entry doesn't work on the iPad because Rich Text Editors are not supported by mobile browsers. It's a known issue with most blogging sites.

Cheers!

support@travelpod.com

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Jun 21 2010, 09:02 PM
Post #8

Journeyer

Hi,

I guess he did not want to admit that someone who was working on mobile blogging who had to turn it off while he was doing that and....... oooppppssss....... he forgot to turn mobile blogging back on after he was finished.......but that is what happened.

Even our programmers are human and make small slip ups...small ones....just small ones....!

Cheers

support@travelpod.com

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mrodsater
post Aug 8 2010, 06:15 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1198141

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Jun 21 2010, 08:30 PM) *

Hi,

Cheers!

support@travelpod.com

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 10:56 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.