Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weather in Zambia - Livingstone travel question
pollybailey
post Nov 21 2009, 07:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 525711
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I am travelling to Livingstone in January 2010 and will be staying there for three months. Please can you tell you what will weather will be like. Will it be the rainy season or will it be hot and sunny?
Also, is there an internet cafe or similar in Livingstone?
Thank you, Polly
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
purplebuggy
post Nov 21 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #2

Tourist

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 282787

December to April is usually hot and wet. I went in September and it was warm (but not burning hot) and dry. I was told the best time to go was November to see Victoria Falls so hopefully in January you should still get an amazing view. (Taking a microlite over them is spectacular!)

There are a few internet cafes (not many) but the most reliable (and the one recommended) is a green building that if you head towards the market coming from the Zimbabwe border, take the road to your right immediately before the market and it's on the first street down. It's the street with a small produce market at the other end. The connection is pretty good for Africa and cheap compared to Western countries but they did short change one of my friends by a fair few kwacha, again comparitively nothing but still watch for that. Sorry I don't remember the name but I hope the directions help.

There are a few banks but if you only have Mastercard you will struggle as none of the ATMs accept it in Livingstone town. Visa is the way to go here. If you insist on having Mastercard, you can go into the banks to get money but the lines are insanely big and you'll be waiting forever to do it. Oh, and don't bother with Travellers Cheques, they're a total hardship to try to use.

Enjoy your trip!

--------------------
pb

Diary of a Ranger-To-Be
Another year in the bushveld of South Africa (Jan 11 - now)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jayr.roberts2
post Jan 13 2010, 12:08 AM
Post #3

Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 482241
Nominate me as a Local Expert

the weather in Zambia is very humid, so I would take that into consideration when planning your trip
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 10:21 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.