Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Avoid Bad Tour Agents, Most important thing when visiting India
friend1888
post Nov 24 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 109256
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Very recently my family and myself visited Tamil Nadu to see the various marvelous temples and to perform prayers. The temples were stunning as expected and we did manage to offer our prayers to the gods.

However our experience in traveling here was spoilt due to the poor quality of services offered by our tour agent, Siddhi Vinayaga Travel Services from Chennai. The driver including the owner were rude, the driver was terrible at being punctual often going missing for almost an hour, took us to hotels that lacked basic hygiene causing us to have stomach upsets (my sister was hospitalized), and changed hotels due to their own poor booking processes. In short, Tamil Nadu does have very good sites to visit, pray and/or enjoy but our experiences are unfortunately influenced by those who bring us there. Thus despite the hard work of Indian ancestors who created and maintained marvelous temples, structures and sites dating 1400 years ago, it can be tarnished very quickly by companies only seeking to maximize their returns. This doesn't seem fair to these Indian ancestors. So let's do our part to truly enjoy India by choosing our tour agents well.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jacques
post Nov 24 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #2

Pathfinder

Member No.: 161

It's really a shame that your tour agent, Siddhi Vinayaga Travel Services from Chennai,ruined yoiur trip. Holidays are so expensive and tour agents have such a big role to play in scheduling your trp that it easily makes the difference between a success or disastrouis holiday.

I hope you have better luck next time and that this one will be passed over by Travelpod members because of your warning here! Thanks
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Nov 25 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #3

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13336

If there's any website you can find that reviews tours, I'd be sure to add your review to it about this tour operator.

Thanks for the head's up. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
sharon1306
post Nov 26 2007, 02:50 AM
Post #4

Wayfarer

Member No.: 986

It is very unfortunate your holiday was ruined because of an incompetent tour agency. When using an agency to hire cars/drivers/guides, it is always a good idea to check reviews or use an agency that has been recommended by other travelers on other forums. There are tons of agencies in Southern India that have good reputations. It is also a good idea to check reviews of the hotels booked by your agency on sites like tripadvisor etc. and confirm the reservation and price with the travel agency before your trip.

Anyways, thank you for posting. Other travelpod members might benefit from your review of this particular agency.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Nov 26 2007, 10:04 AM
Post #5

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13336

When using an agency to hire cars/drivers/guides, it is always a good idea to check reviews or use an agency that has been recommended by other travelers on other forums.

Completely agree. Thorough research about any company you choose to use is essential, whether it's for travel or other purposes. It can mean the difference between a fantastic experience or a completely foul experience. Although researching and reading reviews isn't 100% foolproof either. The more you can find out, the better.

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:54 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in India

Agra Hotels
Ahmedabad Hotels
Alappuzha Hotels
Amritsar Hotels
Bangalore Hotels
Bardez Hotels
Bhubaneswar Hotels
Calangute Hotels
Candolim Hotels
Chennai (Madras) Hotels
Darjeeling Hotels
Gangtok Hotels
Goa Hotels
Gurgaon Hotels
Haridwar Hotels
Hyderabad Hotels
Indore Hotels
Jaipur Hotels
Jaisalmer Hotels
Jodhpur Hotels
Kochi Hotels
Kodaikanal Hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta) Hotels
Kovalam Hotels
Manali Hotels
Mumbai (Bombay) Hotels
Munnar Hotels
Mussoorie Hotels
Mysore Hotels
Nainital Hotels
New Delhi Hotels
Ootacamund Hotels
Pondicherry Hotels
Pune Hotels
Salcette Hotels
Shimla Hotels
Srinagar Hotels
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) Hotels
Udaipur Hotels
Varanasi Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.