Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guidance trip to Brazil Dec 2011, Female traveling Brazil alon
mina1
post Jul 11 2011, 09:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2107741
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I am traveling to Brazil this Dec. I am going to visit some friends/colleagues in Curitiba for a few days, however want to stay remainder of time on a beach and not wanting to go to Rio at all. I want picturesque tranquil time. Any suggestions? I am using Co Air miles so thought of flying into to Sao Paulo however heard Curitiba is 6 hours away, so gues should fly there however fly back to Houston from Curitiba again or what...I have never been? Let me know your thoughts. I am a female 45 years old and don't have a huge budget. Thanks.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
raiasdosol
post Jul 20 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2130951

I spent 6 months in Brasil last year and loved it!
I would suggest buying a Brasilian Air Pass that lets you fly to 4 destinations in Brasil for approx. $500 US. The Air Pass must be purchased before you get to Brasil and the whole thing must be used while you are there..you can't split it up in multiple visits to Brasil. Have you ever been to Brasil? Rio is really a must-see...breathtakingly beautiful city with a very chill vibe. During Carnaval it get's crazy, but it's pretty tame otherwise. If you want tranquil and relaxing, try Florianopolis (Santa Catarina)...beautiful beaches, extremely safe, and a hopping party scene close by. I would also highly recommend Fernando De Noronha, off the coast of Pernambuco in the north. It is considered "the Hawaii of Brasil" and you can get accommodations relatively cheaply and see some stunning natural beauty. Don't hesitate to stay in hostels or pousadas; they are much cheaper than hotels and you will be able to meet other travelers. Have fun!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
summertimeparty
post Jul 26 2011, 06:06 AM
Post #3

Wanderer

Member No.: 2141751

I suggest you to visit Rip de Janeiro. It is very beautiful city. A good idea is also to book your accommodation in advance if you want to save some money. There are a lot of online hotel booking websites which offer good hotel deals. For Brasil you can visit http://www.hitrooms.com/en/Brazil.htm.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 05:47 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Brazil

Angra Dos Reis Hotels
Aracaju Hotels
Arraial d'Ajuda Hotels
Balneario Camboriu Hotels
Barueri Hotels
Belem Hotels
Belo Horizonte Hotels
Brasilia Hotels
Buzios Hotels
Campinas Hotels
Campo Grande Hotels
Curitiba Hotels
Florianopolis Hotels
Fortaleza Hotels
Foz de Iguacu Hotels
Goiania Hotels
Guaruja Hotels
Guarulhos Hotels
Jericoacoara Hotels
Joao Pessoa Hotels
Joinville Hotels
Londrina Hotels
Macae Hotels
Maceio Hotels
Manaus Hotels
Morro de Sao Paulo Hotels
Natal Hotels
Paraty Hotels
Porto Alegre Hotels
Porto Seguro Hotels
Porto de Galinhas Hotels
Praia do Forte Hotels
Recife Hotels
Ribeirao Preto Hotels
Rio de Janeiro Hotels
Salvador Hotels
Sao Jose Dos Campos Hotels
Sao Paulo Hotels
Trancoso Hotels
Vitoria Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.