Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bangkok tailor?, Can anyone recommend me a good tailor in Bangkok?
alffredangelo
post Nov 22 2011, 04:39 PM
Post #21

Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 2389033
Nominate me as a Local Expert

QUOTE(theroadshow @ Nov 14 2011, 09:48 AM) *

QUOTE(jackjohnson) *
Oct 20 2008, 09:01 AM[/b]']
Hey Travelpodians,
I will be travelling to Bangkok in the first week of November can someone recommend me a good tailor in Bangkok?
Cheers,
Jack

Raja's Fashions across from the Nana Hotel-I've been going there for over 20 years- great staff and good quality.

I hope jack has been to and back from BKK 20 times since Oct 20, 2008 wink.gif
No offence. angel1.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
alffredangelo
post Dec 9 2011, 02:38 PM
Post #22

Drifter

I recommend Crown tailors. I gave them a try on my recent trip to Bangkok. They did a great job and did it well in time. Hope you enjoy the same great experience as i did
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
alffredangelo
post Feb 13 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #23

Drifter

QUOTE(julyn87 @ Feb 2 2012, 02:00 PM) *

It was a sisters trip to bangkok with my bf on 26 Jan 2012. It was mainly a shopping trip and we always missed out time for my bf to have his office pants tailor made. It was about 11pm when we walked past Adam and Eve Fashion and my bf decided to have his clothes tailor there due to time constraint.

One of the stuff greet us happily and he got to work on convincing us of the merits of purchasing custom made cloths from them. The product would be high class and made of the best materials. They know that we are from Singapore via the way we speak and they immediately quote us in Singapore dollars, which i believed that americans will be quote at a much higher price in accordance to the area/ countries etc they came from.

To make a long story short, after about a hour of being soft soaped , being constantly reassured of the their integrity and that we would be very satisfied we agreed to go ahead. This turned out to a very expensive and distressing mistake.

My bf paid for S$260 for 4 pants and 4 shirts. It cost the same as the shirts/ pants that G2000 sold in Singapore. However as tailor made, we agreed that with good workmanship the price quoted qould be reasonable. The measurement were taken and he gave instructions on what he wanted. However, it was obvious from the first fitting that it was a ripoffs tailor with poor workmanship! The inner linings of the pants were rough (threadlines were badly sewn along) and the measurements around the waist/hip was wrong.

The tailor apologised and promised us that there would be no problems after the alterations. They too, wanted to send the altered clothes the hotel's reception. I was not convinced as there was no second fitting after the altered clothes. Also, it was already one day before we depart bkk. Again, the tailor reassured us and promised there would not be any problems.

HOWEVER! After we recived the altered shirts, we knew we were in trouble. The shirts were completely different from what he had requested. He made this clear and was told that it would be altered to my satisfaction. The waist/hip problems were solved but they increased the arm width without our noticed. The arm width was now 1.5 inches bigger!!! It was already the day to depart bkk and we had to rush to the shop and demand for an alteration.

We had expressed complete dissatisfaction with their products. The tailor dismayed that it was a small difference and to my shock and disbelief, the manager of the shop smirked and cover their mistakes by saying that everything goes in proportion. If they increase the waist length, they would increase the arm width as well -->> MEANINGLESS to tailor our clothes if we want it to be tailored fit to any man's body.

Now, my bf was left with unfitted shirts and he would need to spend much more money to alter his shirts in Singapore despite the money paid for "quality and good workmanship" that the shop boasted! Adam and Eve Fashion had left us with very bad impression and i would prefer my bf to be better off buying shirts locally than to be ripped off by bkk tailors.

The whole experience has left us with very bad impression of Thailand. At the very least tourists should be warned to be constantly on their guard from approaches from such ‘nice’ people and the entrapment techniques used by such tailors. The inexperience tourist in Thailand is constantly targeted. (Especially caucasian!!!!!)

???
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
vineetkoushik
post Apr 9 2012, 02:01 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 2797343

I recommend Tom's Fashion. His website is Tomsfashion.com

I have purchased suit from him last year. The work is excellent. They are very professional people who pay a lot of attention to the customer satisfaction. He has a lot of selection of fabrics and styles for each price range.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bthomas
post Jun 2 2012, 12:55 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 2935703

I would like to recommend a shop also in Bangkok called Toms Fashion. Best service i can remember getting while shopping. Very friendly and helpful.

Name of store : Tom's Fashion
Address: 19, Soi Preeda, Sukhumvit Soi 8, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel: +662 653 3983, 662 253 3301
Remarks : Excellent Tailor
Price : Affordable Price
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
steve.smith
post Nov 12 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 3379883

Adam and Eve Tailors

I was travelling through Bangkok and came across this tailor , they measured me up and sent my suit by mail to me in Australia , they kept contact with me by phone and the suit arrived with no problems. I was very impressed with their professionalism and the suit is excellent. I think that if you want a great suit , give the tailor the time to do it properly , these guys did .Thanks Mark and company.

Steve.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
alexcooper01
post Jan 15 2013, 04:57 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 3522243

Hi,

You know very well that lots of tailor in Bangkok but I would like to suggest about tailor Toms fashion in Bangkok, I have been using 8 years them services and still continuing . There are some reasons for long relationship from this bespoke tailor.

Delivery on Time
Affordable Budget
Variety of Style
Latest Trends
Sample for testing
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
patricksmarty
post Jan 17 2013, 06:07 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 684721

Visited Excelsior tailor in Bangkok. Very happy there. Value for money for the product received.
When they say something will be done, it will be done.
Also, if you have anything that you want changed or adjusted, they do not give you a hard time.
They make regular sales tour around the world and will invite them next time to my office.
Made 3 suits 3 shirts and a cashmere coat with them.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
koonel
post Jan 26 2013, 07:56 AM
Post #29

Wayfarer

Member No.: 1111301

If you do not have sufficient time to get proper tailoring done - then don't do it at all!

Never pay in full right up front! You should schedule fittings and inspections before you take delivery. Too late to get anything fixed right if you receive the article at the last minute just prior to flying out.

Good luck.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
adaptorplug
post Feb 12 2013, 06:59 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 3592813

I've lived and worked in Bangkok for the last 15 years on and off and have settled on...

for SHIRTS-

RAJAS.

It has MOVED from it's old location on Nana to between Sukhumvit Soi 6 and 8
http://www.rajasfashions.com/awards.php

It is a bit pricier than many tailors but the cut is good and generous

for SUITS-

NICKERMANNS

At the bottom of the landmark hotel / basement
http://nickermanns.net/about-us.php

It is better than Rajas, in my experience, as their double stitching and lining in their pants and suits are very clean.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pauls4425
post Jun 2 2013, 05:19 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 3899263

Having read some raving reviews on 'Universal Tailors', I made contact and visited them. I got a Tux Jacket, a trouser and a couple of shirts done. Everything was done to my entire satisfaction and before time. Ronnie was attentive and knew exactly what was needed. I have been to Bangkok many times and have visited many other tailors. in the future, I will stick with Universal. I wish to recommend them to anyone who needs a good job done

QUOTE(theroadshow @ Nov 14 2011, 09:48 AM) *

QUOTE(jackjohnson @ Oct 20 2008, 09:01 AM) *

Hey Travelpodians,
I will be travelling to Bangkok in the first week of November can someone recommend me a good tailor in Bangkok?
Cheers,
Jack

Raja's Fashions across from the Nana Hotel-I've been going there for over 20 years- great staff and good quality.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 06:38 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.