Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> San Diego, Why everyone should visit Paradise!
ghostlights101
post Nov 3 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 420311

Hi! Everyone, please let me introduce myself, I hope we can all be friends soon. I am Tricia Donaldson, Born in Northwest Indiana April 30, 1938, (yep I'm OLD in years but about 30 at heart).
I've been all over Europe, Mexico, Canada and most of the United states and in 1994 I finally found Paradise. It's called San Diego, California!
Please let me share MY SAN DIEGO with you....if you have ANY questions at all, I probably have heard them before, but I shure can find the answer for you if you'll give me time to get the information for you as quickly as possible.
I've been a tour guide for MANY years in various places: Chicago, Dallas, London England and the last 15 years in San Diego, California. My various tours have been written up in several tourism magazines as well as PHEONIX MAGAZINE and I was once refered to as the Scherazod of the Gaslamp district in S.D.
Best thing I own is the Historic Heart Award from the city of San Diego.
So, enough about me.............let me tell you about San Diego.
The Old Town area ( A state park). There are no fees to enter or even to park your car. However, taking public transportation is REALLY the best way to go. YOU DON'T HAVE TO SEARCH FOR A PARKING SPOT. Most of San Diego is very walkable.
This is where California was born! You can visit the mission/persidio high on the hill overlooking the park. This is NOT the first of the chain of 21 missions up the coast. It came way before Father Serra came to start the northern movement.
Down that hill you will find the origional San Diego, now refered to as Old Town.
Many buildings have been restored and replecated (many were lost to a fire).
Lot's of history here. Now a days history seems to fall short of the need to shop and eat.....so, everything you could need to drag home from a vacation is readly available right here. The reasturants here are abundant and most are excellent.
In my next blog, I will offer a few examples of all you can do in Old Town....THEN we will move on in history to the downtown/Gaslamp area of San Diego and from there to Balboa Park. Oh, my golly I guess I could write a book once you get me started.
So, for now ask and I'll answer. Your friend in Paradise, Patricia (Tricia) Donaldson
ghostlights101@yahoo.com
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jrheavymetal
post Nov 4 2009, 05:47 AM
Post #2

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 285416

Welcome. We have a hill up the street that's called Paradise Hill and our town of Bar Harbor was first named Eden, and a lot of the tourists who come upm this way often refer to this island as Paradise - so it looks like you and me live in some special places.

--------------------
View my blog entries on Bar Harbor/Acadia national Park
http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entri...05168/tpod.html
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
camryn
post Nov 9 2009, 04:52 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 490221

QUOTE(ghostlights101 @ Nov 3 2009, 06:16 PM) *

Hi! Everyone, please let me introduce myself, I hope we can all be friends soon. I am Tricia Donaldson, Born in Northwest Indiana April 30, 1938, (yep I'm OLD in years but about 30 at heart).
I've been all over Europe, Mexico, Canada and most of the United states and in 1994 I finally found Paradise. It's called San Diego, California!
Please let me share MY SAN DIEGO with you....if you have ANY questions at all, I probably have heard them before, but I shure can find the answer for you if you'll give me time to get the information for you as quickly as possible.
I've been a tour guide for MANY years in various places: Chicago, Dallas, London England and the last 15 years in San Diego, California. My various tours have been written up in several tourism magazines as well as PHEONIX MAGAZINE and I was once refered to as the Scherazod of the Gaslamp district in S.D.
Best thing I own is the Historic Heart Award from the city of San Diego.
So, enough about me.............let me tell you about San Diego.
The Old Town area ( A state park). There are no fees to enter or even to park your car. However, taking public transportation is REALLY the best way to go. YOU DON'T HAVE TO SEARCH FOR A PARKING SPOT. Most of San Diego is very walkable.
This is where California was born! You can visit the mission/persidio high on the hill overlooking the park. This is NOT the first of the chain of 21 missions up the coast. It came way before Father Serra came to start the northern movement.
Down that hill you will find the origional San Diego, now refered to as Old Town.
Many buildings have been restored and replecated (many were lost to a fire).
Lot's of history here. Now a days history seems to fall short of the need to shop and eat.....so, everything you could need to drag home from a vacation is readly available right here. The reasturants here are abundant and most are excellent.
In my next blog, I will offer a few examples of all you can do in Old Town....THEN we will move on in history to the downtown/Gaslamp area of San Diego and from there to Balboa Park. Oh, my golly I guess I could write a book once you get me started.
So, for now ask and I'll answer. Your friend in Paradise, Patricia (Tricia) Donaldson
ghostlights101@yahoo.com

So well written. I've lived all my life in southern California (mostly Long Beach) but have visit San Diego very often. It is a very special place. I moved to northern CA and I must say, I'll never move back again. From here (north CA) I can be in San Francisco in 20 min., 2 mountain areas, Napa, ocean site etc. 3 hours in Mendocino. Of course by car. It takes about 2 hours just to get out off Los Angeles. I should keep this a secret, ha ! They're talking about a bullet train connecting San Francisco with Los Angeles. By the time that is build, I've left this earth. To bad. I forgot, but I think it would take about 3 hours with the train. Please correct me on this. It's fast and it's about time. Think, what Europe has ! ! !
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kitkatgo
post Feb 9 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #4

Navigator

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13816

Welcome to Travelpod!

We get a lot of questions about San Diego, so it will be great having your help. I lived in San Diego for many years, and it's a beautiful place...definitely a great travel destination.

--------------------
~Kit
California Local Expert

Visit my travel blogs:
http://www.travelpod.com/members/kitkatgo
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 10:24 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.