Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Photos with iPad app, Having trouble
coolyback
post Nov 13 2012, 01:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 158174

Hi there,
Having trouble uploading photos on iPad using the app. Successfully uploaded 36 photos a few days ago but the last few times it won't let me save changes to the entry. Have 41 photos on latest entry but when I try to go back to the dashboard it repeatedly asks me to save changes, I save but it says the same whenever I try to go to the dashboard. Only a few of the photos have been saved.

Hope you can help
Coolyback

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fraserc
post Nov 13 2012, 10:02 AM
Post #2

Expeditionist

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 2258383

Hi, I've responded to you via e-mail with instructions on how to do a full re-start of the app.
Best,
Fraser
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
thieringsabroad
post Nov 16 2012, 10:20 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3213453

Hi, I am having the same issues! Can you please help?

We have uploaded lots of photos on the app and they appear fine at first, then after I tried to upload them it keeps telling me that there are no files attached for dates 6-8 nov. When I tried to go back to the app, it now shows grey boxes, but the photo count is correct and I can't view them anymore and subsequently nor can our readers.

Can you please help?
Cheers!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
fraserc
post Mar 1 2013, 03:01 PM
Post #4

Expeditionist

Try a full restart of the app as follows:

- Tap on the large iPad button to get to the Home Screen.
- Double tap the large iPad button to bring up the recent apps list.
- Tap and hold on the TravelPod icon until you see the red delete circles on the icons.
- Tap the red delete circle on the TravelPod app icon.
- Then restart the TravelPod app. It should reconnect with the server and resync your entry properly.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Let me know if I can help further.

Best,
Fraser
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
warriorwoman
post Mar 12 2013, 01:01 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3567483

Having same problem and have already reinstalled twice. This is a major nuisance when trying to post during fast paced travel. App shows that pics are loaded, but they are not. App also shows post as published but website says it is a draft and none of the pics are there. Please help.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
fraserc
post Mar 12 2013, 01:23 PM
Post #6

Expeditionist

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these issues. The good news is that we are close to submitting an update that fixes these bugs.
In the meantime, here are some ways to avoid the problems.
- restart the app fully if you notice an inconsistency between the app and the web site. This means fully clearing it from the "recent apps" bar
- try to save after each change when you are online, and let the app sync with the server
- when you do save, avoid switching to another entry while the syncing message appears at the top of the entries list.
- if you notice that some photos you have added are appearing as grey squares in the photos & videos tab, the problem is with displaying the small thumbnails in the app. The photos themselves have been sent to the server and should be visible on your blog. Restart fully to get the proper thumbnails back.
I understand that this is not ideal, but we are working as quickly as possible to have an update out on App Store that will take care of these issues. Thanks for your patience during this period.
Best,
Fraser
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
warriorwoman
post Mar 14 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #7

I have followed your instructions and got my entry And pics to post once. Now that I have a new post and pics, I'm having the same problem. I've reinstalled, saved, synced numerous times. This really is ridiculous. When is this prob going to be solved. I can't afford to spend hours on each post because the app isn't working properly.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
fraserc
post Mar 26 2013, 10:29 AM
Post #8

Expeditionist

For now, restarting the app is the best solution. We are about to release the update and it should be ready for download in a few days.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
dianadoone
post Apr 6 2013, 12:25 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 3674913

QUOTE(fraserc @ Mar 26 2013, 10:29 AM) *

For now, restarting the app is the best solution. We are about to release the update and it should be ready for download in a few days.

I assume this is still not available as I am having the same problems as warriorwoman and unable to fix. Reluctant to change app mid- trip but can't see an option.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
warriorwoman
post Apr 6 2013, 12:33 AM
Post #10

Diana-i have been told for a few weeks now that a fix is coming with nothing produced.
I'm feeling your pain. Iam mid trip and trying to decide whether I should switch blog sites, as this inability to consistently upload photos thru the iPad app is creating significant issues. If you do change, would you post here as to what site you move to?
Thanks.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
fraserc
post Apr 8 2013, 05:08 AM
Post #11

Expeditionist

Hi there, the app has been updated in App Store and includes several fixes to improve the stability of syncing and the photo-updating issue that caused some photos to appear as if they had not been uploaded.
Please install the update and give it another try.
Best,
Fraser
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
chrisculley
post Apr 23 2013, 10:12 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 3608963

QUOTE(fraserc @ Apr 8 2013, 05:08 AM) *

Hi there, the app has been updated in App Store and includes several fixes to improve the stability of syncing and the photo-updating issue that caused some photos to appear as if they had not been uploaded.
Please install the update and give it another try.
Best,
Fraser

Unfortunately I am still having problems uploading photos from my ipad mini with the app. Obviously can't use the fast method as this requires flash so have to go for the basic but there is no indication that upload is complete and when I check on the website, the majority of my photos don't appear. It's driving me crazy and it takes so long! Can you help solve the problem as its very frustrating, thanks blink.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
fraserc
post Apr 24 2013, 04:33 AM
Post #13

Expeditionist

Hi,

First, the TravelPod web dashboard should work fine with iPad Mini. While it's true you can't use the Fast Uploader with iPad, the Basic Uploader should work. When you tap on the Upload button (at the bottom of the Basic Uploader page) the button should be replaced with a spinning icon and a progress bar should be visible next to that. Additional messaging below the progress bar should indicate the progress. If the progress is very slow, you may be experiencing a poor internet connection. If you leave the page before all images have been processed, you will interrupt the process and not al of our photos will appear on the entry, so give the process time to finish.

If for some reason the web page will not work for you, or even if it does work, I still recommend downloading our app from the App Store. Tap on the following link to install this app and then sign in using your normal TravelPod member ID and password. You'll be able to upload photos with the app and handle many other basic blogging tasks from there, both online and offline.

TravelPod App:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/travelpod/id485889767?mt=8

Best,
Fraser
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
chrisculley
post Apr 24 2013, 09:09 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(fraserc @ Apr 24 2013, 04:33 AM) *

Hi,

First, the TravelPod web dashboard should work fine with iPad Mini. While it's true you can't use the Fast Uploader with iPad, the Basic Uploader should work. When you tap on the Upload button (at the bottom of the Basic Uploader page) the button should be replaced with a spinning icon and a progress bar should be visible next to that. Additional messaging below the progress bar should indicate the progress. If the progress is very slow, you may be experiencing a poor internet connection. If you leave the page before all images have been processed, you will interrupt the process and not al of our photos will appear on the entry, so give the process time to finish.

If for some reason the web page will not work for you, or even if it does work, I still recommend downloading our app from the App Store. Tap on the following link to install this app and then sign in using your normal TravelPod member ID and password. You'll be able to upload photos with the app and handle many other basic blogging tasks from there, both online and offline.

TravelPod App:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/travelpod/id485889767?mt=8

Best,
Fraser

Hi Fraser and thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it's the app I'm having problems with! If I go onto the website the photos upload ok with the progress bar etc. whereas the app still doesn't upload the photos ok. Also there's an issue if you try to go to dashboard from your entry it states that you have to save. If you hit save it just goes into a loop, ie back to the message stating you have to save.
Sorry, but there do still appear to be some problems which need to be ironed out.
I would like to upload a photo to my profile but only have an ipad with me when im travelling. Again, a minor irritation .... Is this something you can work around?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
fraserc
post Apr 25 2013, 05:28 AM
Post #15

Expeditionist

We're looking in to the problem where you can continually be asked to save or discard your changes and hope to have a fix released for that very soon.
In the meantime, I strongly suggest deleting the app and re-installing it. This should resolve that saving problem and should also improve performance of updating photos.
Feel free to send the photo you'd like to use for the blog welcome image to support@travelpod.com and we'll be happy to add it for you--that is something that should be possible on the app in a future release.
Watch for the update which will resolve these and other bugs.
Fraser
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
chrisculley
post Apr 25 2013, 12:22 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(fraserc @ Apr 25 2013, 05:28 AM) *

We're looking in to the problem where you can continually be asked to save or discard your changes and hope to have a fix released for that very soon.
In the meantime, I strongly suggest deleting the app and re-installing it. This should resolve that saving problem and should also improve performance of updating photos.
Feel free to send the photo you'd like to use for the blog welcome image to support@travelpod.com and we'll be happy to add it for you--that is something that should be possible on the app in a future release.
Watch for the update which will resolve these and other bugs.
Fraser

Ok will do, thanks Fraser
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 10:15 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.