Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coming to Toronto and need some help
jayr.roberts2
post Mar 11 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #1

Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 482241

I am coming to Toronto for a 2 day conference and thought that I would bring my wife and 5 year old with me and stay for the week. Just wondering since the last time I was there was about 15 years ago if someone could help me with some questions I have.

1. What are some good recommendations of things to do with a 5 year old other then the museum, while I am at the conference. My wife doesn't want to drive in a strange city and so it would need to be downtown. (we are coming first week of May)

2. I need to book a good family oriented hotel (preferably with a pool). I saw a good deal for a hotel on this site which sells "Toronto hotels". The site is http://www.TorontoHotels.ca I am wondering if anyone has used this site before. They were cheaper then Orbitz where I usually book, but since I havent heard of them before I wanted to check first.

3. We are renting a car and am wondering about any places to visit outside of the city. Don't really want to drive more than 1/2 hour. I was told to go to the zoo, but wondering if anything else was in that area that a 5 year old would love.

4. Crazy question I know, but will Toronto be warm enough for shorts in early May.

5. I have been told about a place called Paramount Wonderland and am wondering if there is a lot for a 5 year old and if it will be open in early May.

Any help you can give on these questions would be appreciated.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Mar 15 2010, 12:38 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Hey cool, I guess you're going in early May?

I'm going in a few weeks.

1. Toronto Island is really cool for kids

http://www.toronto.ca/parks/island/

2. I've never used that site before, nope!

3. Yep, the zoo is really fun. Perhaps the Ontario Science Centre might be fun for your five year old?

How much time do you have?

4. Possibly, I would bring pants, but if you have room, bring shorts.

5. Canada's Wonderland is fun for young kids, yep, there is a GIANT kids area there.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jayr.roberts2
post Mar 15 2010, 02:02 PM
Post #3

Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 482241

We are coming on may 2nd and leaving on May 9. I will be at a conference on the 3rd and 4th, so my wife will be on her own and wants to do something close to the hotel so as not to drive.

It looks like the centreville island is closed, is there other stuff to do on the island other then that? Science centre looks good. thanks for the idea.

Any good family or theme restaurants in the area as well. I can remember a spaghetti place, but wondered if there was something great for kids. Something like a rainforest cafe downtown?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Mar 15 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

I just know there is a park on the island, and it's just fun to take the ferry over there. She could bring a picnic and it would be nice, it should be warm enough for that.

Hm, I don't know about "family" restaurants.

Yonge and Dundas Square is kind of like a mini Times Square, you should be able to find a restaurant that you like nearby there.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 10:12 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.