Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pattaya Travellers: Beware of Maneerat Transport & Travel (on Soi Post Office), "dark travel house"; scams
hunghung
post Mar 26 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 159621

I took a 7 days/6 nights Cambodia package tour with Maneerat Transport & Travel in Pattaya and that was a horrible experience. Please don't do any business with this "dark travel house" when you are in Pattaya.

Here are the mishaps:

1. Visa Scam: When I arrived at a restaurant near the border at Poi Pet, an agent working for Maneerat asked me for 1200B visa cost plus his 100B handling fee (this fee was never mentioned by Maneerat). I asked him if I could pay US$20 (which was the info I had on the visa cost), but he said no. Unwillingly, I paid him 1300B. (1200 Baht is almost twice of US$20.)

Later, I asked some experienced travellers in Thailand about the visa cost issue and they confirmed I was ripped off.

2. Exchange Scam: After I had passed Cambodian immigration, the driver took the group on the bus to a currency exchange place nearby. He told us exchange places were closed in the weekend (that day was Friday) in Siem Reap and we had better get our exchange there. This was just a lie as I found out later that there were plenty of exchange shops in Siem Reap that open 7 days a week. I did my homework and knew US$1 can get about 3,900 Cambodian Riels. That place quoted me the rate of US$1 to 3,200 Riels, which was a total ripoff. Of course, I did no exchange in the shop. Unfortunately, other people on the bus did some exchanges for their Bhat and US$.

3. Tour Not as Described: The tour was not what was described in the tour program. Among many unsatisfactory things, I was left stranded in Sihanoukville (Cambodia) when no one picked me up to return to Pattaya. I had to get back to Pattaya on my own!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Apr 8 2008, 09:31 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

That's too bad, did you write up a review of your experience on Trip Advisor or some such site? You probably should.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
michaeldit
post Apr 4 2009, 02:20 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 274605

I've seen your heated complaint about Maneerat Transport & Travel and I think
you are certainly entitled to expect that people in business would offer an honest
and professional service. It sounds to me as if they couldn't have cared what the result
was of your horrific trip as they already got the money. Sorry about that.

I have seen comments by others saying you should have known better but the bottom
line is that they gave less than, excuse me. No service and were dishonest along the way.

So, eventhough it is about a year after your tragic experience, I am glad to have read it as I stay in Pattaya often and am expecting a group to go with me to tour the region and very easily could have wandered into their office to finalize a package since I stay close by that soi (Near the Marriott) and walk up and down it practically every day I am in Pattaya. NO CHANCE NOW THAT THEY WILL GET 1 BAHT FROM ME !!!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 07:28 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.