Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Warning Mirissa Beach - Beach Boy Gayan Chandi, Warning for female tourists
pennynico
post Jul 30 2011, 10:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2154411

This is an urgent warning for any female traveller who goes to a beach named Mirisa in Sri Lanka south coast. I had terrible experience with a young man who is named Gayan a few days ago and I am still in shock and thankfully leaving this terrible country soon. He is a local surfer with short hair, dark skin and is at a bar called Wadiya Beach. He is very dangerous and is a con man. I met him a couple of weeks ago when I was tourisng sri lanka with my girlfriend and he charmed me. Painted a picture that he was a poor misunderstood young man, was very loving and kind and seemed so harmless and sweet. It is all a LIE. We fell into a short relationship and one night he got drunk and pushed me because he said that I was talking to another man and that I am a "white slut" like all white women and then threw the arrack bottle against the wall in my room. I was so afraid and crying. When I woke up the next morning, I discovered by credit card and ALL money stolen from my wallet and when I complained to the guesthouse where I was staying at, the owner showed me a poster that some other tourist girl has made up and a website she has created warning all women about him.

It turne out that he has done this to many women. The guesthouse owner (and website) say that he is a murderer and rapist and heroin additc. I am shocked. I cannot believe this happened to me and I got involved with someone lke this. I had no idea The man at the guesthouse seemed to blame me as well as other tourists for getting involved with this man. But how can this be my fault? No one told me about him. Please please be careful of him. I have searched on internet and there seems to be other reports about this man. He apparently was in jail according to the website. I dont understand why he is walking free. Sri Lank government and police MUST do something. Please stay safe.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Aug 3 2011, 10:36 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 273790

Why don't you get in touch with the police yourself and let them know? Tell them your story. Or again, why didn't you go to the police then?
I wonder!

--------------------
My LATEST BLOGS: Marmari, Vasa, and CYPRUS, the Unique Destination for Business and Holidays!!!

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pennynico
post Aug 4 2011, 08:07 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 2154411

QUOTE(greekcypriot @ Aug 3 2011, 10:36 PM) *

Why don't you get in touch with the police yourself and let them know? Tell them your story. Or again, why didn't you go to the police then?
I wonder!

I have already been to police. They also say that he is in a lot of trouble with police and court cases. I am shocked at all of this and more so how someone with that sort of background is still walking out free. They said court cases take years to resolve in SL. Thats third world legality for you.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Aug 4 2011, 08:31 AM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 273790

I see, thank you for answering back.
If only people knew how many more like this guy are out and without punishment! You might see a person on the outside looking like an angel and you never know and cannot comprehend what he is inside!
Tragic!
Never again trust easily!

--------------------
My LATEST BLOGS: Marmari, Vasa, and CYPRUS, the Unique Destination for Business and Holidays!!!

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
manzara
post Aug 22 2011, 11:18 AM
Post #5

Sightseer

From: Çeşme, Western Turkey. One of Turkey's best-kept secrets
Member No.: 262135

I am so sorry you had such a bad experience in Marissa. We stayed there during a four week holiday in Sri Lanka some years ago and, unlike you, have very happy memories of our stay.

We enjoyed a wonderful holiday in Sri lanks (admittedly as a couple) but I hope your experiences will be an isolated case and not prevent others enjoying this beautiful and usually friendly country.

We live in Turkey and occasionally hear similar stories but they are isolaterd incidents and I hope don't reflect the standard morality of the country.

--------------------
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
Lao-tzy, Chinese Philosopher (604 - 531 BC)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:11 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Sri Lanka

Ahangama Hotels
Ahungalla Hotels
Aluthgama Hotels
Anuradhapura Hotels
Bandarawela Hotels
Belihuloya Hotels
Bentota Hotels
Beruwela Hotels
Buttala Hotels
Colombo Hotels
Dambulla Hotels
Deniyaya Hotels
Dikwella Hotels
Ella Hotels
Galle Hotels
Habarana Hotels
Haputale Hotels
Hikkaduwa Hotels
Induruwa Hotels
Jaffna Hotels
Kalutara Hotels
Kandalama Hotels
Kandy Hotels
Kitulgala Hotels
Kosgoda Hotels
Marawila Hotels
Matara Hotels
Mount Lavinia Hotels
Negombo Hotels
Nuwara Eliya Hotels
Polonnaruwa Hotels
Pottuvil Hotels
Sigiriya Hotels
Tangalla Hotels
Tissamaharama Hotels
Unawatuna Hotels
Wadduwa Hotels
Waikkal Hotels
Weligama Hotels
Yatiyana Minuwangoda Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.