Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sahara in late May?
saturn73
post Jan 3 2013, 01:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3491073
Nominate me as a Local Expert

My fiancee and I are planning a trip to Morroco as part of our honeymoon in May 2012 and I have always wanted to see the Saharan sand-dunes near Erg Chigaga. However we've read that after March it is unbearably hot and sandstorms are common.
We are from Australia so aren't strangers to heat but don't want a miserable, sand-blown expeience.
Is it best to forgo the camel ride into the desert and just stick to checking out Marrakesh, Essaouira, Agadir, Meknes or Fes?
This may be our only trip to Morocco, so want to do the "must do" experiences in the limited time we have (10 days).
Any feedback at all would be great! Cheers!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monica100
post Feb 6 2013, 09:26 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3580873

Hello !!
the last month , i was in Morocco with my byfriend , where i spent 7 days , it was unforgotable experience and a wonderful and romantic trip .however i faced off the same problem , but a moroccan friend suggest on me to choose www.magiclamptours.com .it include " your tour" ability where they helped us to make our own preparation for the trip and the answers where perfect .we have visited the imperial cities , the Atlas Mountain and the beautiful warm Sahara desert , and riding a camel. well was the most exciting i've ever done !! .i recomend you to visit Erg Chebbi instead of Erg Chegaga .
wish you happy and safe travel .
Cheers
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kevinengland
post May 17 2013, 08:39 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3844113

The desert is a woth place to visit. It is the best part of our Holiday. It is true that sometimes it is windy, but it is not common. So you can check in advance what is the weather like before starting the trip . So if there is no Wind then you would go there. or you plan to go there and when you reach a town close to the desert you check it . If it is fine you carry on, if not you will be flexible and don't go to the desert.Erg Chebbi desert is larger and much more attractive. I think it is better than chgaga desert. I highly reccommend it as you will have a great time there. We had an amazing holiday with Said. I recommend him too as he makes out trip wonderful. Here is his company's site www.tickettomorocco.com. I have written about our experience above. Read it. It will help you organize your itinerary.
kevin
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 07:26 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.