Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paris, Where to stay in Paris
travel-t
post May 8 2009, 06:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 278111

I have been to Paris before and we stayed really close to the Eiffel Tower on av de Tourville just next to the Ecole Militaire, we went to Montmartre one of the evenings we were there and I can honestly say this was my favourite part of Paris, just so relaxed and calm I'd suppose the best part was not much traffic around!

We are going again soon and we don't know whether to stay central enough and stay around the Eiffel Tower or maybe near the Champes Elysees or if we loved Montmartre so much should we stay there? the only downside being that it is a bit far out.
I would just like peoples opinion on this thank you!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jeremystravels
post May 8 2009, 06:36 AM
Post #2

Commuter

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 217489

I stayed at Le Village in Montmartre. It is very close to a metro line that you can hop on and take to the Eiffel Tower. If I remember correctly there are no transfers either. It was a pretty good hostel, the patio and some rooms had a view of the Sacre Coeur. It is very highly rated on trip advisor as well if I remember correctly.

--------------------
Local Expert for Ohio, USA
Next Countries: May 2010: Banff National Park - Canada
Planning RTW in 2010-2011 for Asia and South America - coverage here
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kitkatgo
post May 8 2009, 11:14 AM
Post #3

Navigator

Member No.: 13816

I don't have any accommodation recommendations, but if you like the Montmartre area (I do too, it's lovely), then I would stay there. The metro can get you wherever you need to go very easily.

--------------------
~Kit
California Local Expert

Visit my travel blogs:
http://www.travelpod.com/members/kitkatgo
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
gyl.johnson
post May 11 2009, 07:05 AM
Post #4

Nomad

Member No.: 89210

The Marais Dıstrict is probably the most central and well connected as far as metro stops. Its close to The Louvre, the Latin Quater, Palais Luxembourg and Gare de Lyon where the shuttle goes to and from the airport.

There is phenomenal shopping and most importantly (well for me anyway) its close to great nightlife. The Marais is a bohemian neighborhood with a youthful vibe. Even though Paris technically is a small city, you can pick up on the relaxed attitude this neıghborhood has that is different from many. All this does depend on how you were planning on spending your trip however, I dont really see the Champs -Elysees as central.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
emzoler
post Jun 25 2009, 07:08 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 271114

Hello!
I can really share your liking for Montmartre; it is really something special. I have spent some beautiful evenings there where street musicians played all night long for the entire satisfaction of the tourists and the parisians too as no one dared to stop them. There is such an atmosphere with the lights and the terrace on the sidewalks so lively.
I have been to many, many hotels in Paris for business and leisure as Paris is definitely my favorite city. Unfortunately I don't know any hotel in the area of Montmartre.
But I can recommend to you a few good hotels that I have enjoyed tremendously.
One is hotel de Varenne, very close to the Esplanades des Invalides. I like the charm, its quietness, its staff so courteous and helpful and on the top of that its beautiful although tiny inside garden with its flowers, plants and trees. http://www.varenne-hotel-paris.com/
There is another one that I like also very much and this is hotel Concortel. This one is just around the corner to the square la Madeleine; I was there with my parents this time and of course it was just perfect for them, close to Laduree, Hediard, Fauchon, Grand Magasins, Galeries Lafayette, etc. I was particularly pleased with the hotel manager who is really dedicated to make your stay a real pleasure. http://www.concortel-paris-hotel.com/
I know more hotels that these 2 so if you want more advice let me know.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
isabelmendes
post Oct 21 2009, 08:23 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 447401

I came to Paris just a few weeks ago and I decided to stay in the Montmartre Area. I was searching for a nice area to live here in Paris and definitely now that I know Montmartre I wouldn't choose to live anywhere else.

I found a really nice apartment to stay and my agency also rents furnished apartments for vacations. I can check their website to get a feeling of what you can find in this area. Their website is: http://www.paris-apartment-rent.com/index.html?

I also like the area near cite universitaire. It is very quite and has a lot of green areas.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
anita.ub
post Nov 26 2009, 04:08 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 536691

Hello,

l visited Paris last month and l can recommend you book an apartment. you will feel more comfortable and ¨free¨than in a hotel. l don´t know how many people you are travelling with, but l think that you can find something interesting in this site www.visitalltheworld.com.
l found a very nice flat, great for a romantic holiday, and it was in the Marais area. we would just walk around to find the best streets with cafeterias, shops, markets.

Good luck with your search,
Ana
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
eileen_222
post Dec 17 2009, 05:35 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 585631

QUOTE(travel-t @ May 8 2009, 06:01 AM) *

I have been to Paris before and we stayed really close to the Eiffel Tower on av de Tourville just next to the Ecole Militaire, we went to Montmartre one of the evenings we were there and I can honestly say this was my favourite part of Paris, just so relaxed and calm I'd suppose the best part was not much traffic around!

We are going again soon and we don't know whether to stay central enough and stay around the Eiffel Tower or maybe near the Champes Elysees or if we loved Montmartre so much should we stay there? the only downside being that it is a bit far out.

My favourite places in Paris are Le Quartier Latin and Le Marais. Le Marais is king of a "bourgeois - chic". It's one of the best places to stay in Paris. There lot of pubs, bars, cabarets mixed with beautiful monuments and original shops. It's also called the "old Paris". I just love this place.

If you wanna stay there for a few days it's nice to rent an apartment or a studio. It's less expensive than hotels and you are free to do what ever you want. I stayed in Le Marais last year and I rented a great studio for 200 a week!!! I found this deals with L&V. Hotels in this aera are excellent but expensive.

Le Marais offers great nightlife!!

Have fun!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jsanguinetti
post Jan 14 2010, 05:30 AM
Post #9

Wanderer

Member No.: 633311

QUOTE(travel-t @ May 8 2009, 06:01 AM) *

Hi,
I know a hotel near Gare de Lyon called the Hotel Lyon Bastille. It's not expansive and it's near bastille, vincennes, republique ...
You can take the subway and you will be at the Champs Elysees in 15minutes.
I propose this hotel because hotels near eiffel tower are more expansive.

Kind Regards

Jeremy
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pauline_bde
post Mar 8 2010, 05:48 AM
Post #10

Wanderer

Member No.: 809291

Hello,

I suggest you to stay in a design hotel. these hotels are very confortable and cosy. I recommend you The Five Hotel or One by the Five to share an unforgettable moment ! You won't worry !! Try it
hyper.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pauline_bde
post Mar 9 2010, 08:57 AM
Post #11

Wanderer

QUOTE(blackeyes23 @ Mar 8 2010, 09:49 PM) *

Here's my list
Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
Hotel Le Bristol
Hotel de Crillon
Hotel Meurice
Hotel Plaza Athenee
Ritz Paris
Trianon Palace & Spa, A Westin Hotel

All these hotels are the most expensive of Paris. They're palaces and not hotels
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pauline_bde
post Mar 9 2010, 08:59 AM
Post #12

Wanderer

QUOTE(dclare @ Mar 8 2010, 09:24 PM) *

QUOTE(pauline_bde @ Mar 8 2010, 05:48 AM) *

Hello,

I suggest you to stay in a design hotel. these hotels are very confortable and cosy. I recommend you The Five Hotel or One by the Five to share an unforgettable moment ! You won't worry !! Try it
hyper.gif

I thank you for this, I have committed to an apartment in the 8 arr. through VROB so dealing with the owner direct. I will note your recommendation for the future.

You're welcome. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need other suggestions dance.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
nigh_panda
post Jun 30 2010, 02:53 AM
Post #13

Drifter

Member No.: 926111

Tell me please, usually how much you have to pay to sleep on Monmartre in Paris?
The prices are rather similar or the differences are wide?
Can I find there something for about 20 euros or is it immpossible?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
snow_orchid
post Jul 13 2010, 05:16 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 1005741

I came to Paris last September for visiting my cousin. How a beautiful country!!! I had to spend a lot of money for that trip although I stayed at my cousin's home. whistle.png Love Paris much...xxx wub.gif

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 11:07 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.