How has this campground rated in the past?
Photos of River Ranch
TripAdvisor Reviews River Ranch Red River
Travel Blogs from Red River
- Stopped at a Gas station and got some food(lunch meat and bread) costing me $8
- Just traveled 242.8 miles spending $45.24 on the gas
- Went to Carson National Forest in Carson NM
- There was no entrance fee but the parking cost me 5 dollars
- I visited the Pot Creek and went on a hike by the water
- Sleeping in my car again, hopefully I get more sleep then I did the nights before.
- Waking up around 10am tomorrow...GET TO SLEEP IN !! ...
- Left early this morning at eight
- Arrived at Carson National Forest around ten thirty.
- Grabbed gas for $23.78
- Also had five sandwhiches for $16.25 and a water for a dollar.
- Had a light picnic and than was back on the road towards Colorado Springs
... with some Fir and Spruce Trees. Everyone can hear the river running southwest and there are some paths along the river for walking to the lake. Fawn Lake (3 acres- four little lakes) is here for fishing which is also opened up to day trippers. Beautiful lake stocked with fish. The night we were there two young women were fishing at the lake and a bear came down the other side looking for food. It is bear country so beware. They ...
... like a traditional Mother Mary to me. There were many other figures up around the altar, Jesus included, but most of them were female, a couple of them were Indian. And pictures of corn and vegetables were painted on the wall behind the altar. We couldn't take pictures indoors, but we really enjoyed sitting in the church for a spell. By the time we got back to the hotel the sun and all the walking around had gotten to us ...
... continue on the US-84 N and I am still unsure how. It didn't take me too long to appreciate that actually we weren't supposed to be on this road but by the time we had confirmed that we weren't supposed to be driving through Chili and then found us somewhere to turn around and then found where we needed to be ... As Gary said, I don't get it wrong often. The difficulty is that we were starting to get hungry and there really ...