Bryn Mawr Ocean Resort
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Saint Augustine
This morning we went to the Fountain of Youth, which is a Spanish dig site. It was home to the first white settlement in America.
1. A musket firing
2. The planetarium (to show how early explorers navigated)
3. A canon firing (it was loud)
4. The Fountain of Youth spring (it tasted sulphuric)
5. A native Indian village (an old Indian burial site)
6. Mission de Numbers (the earliest ...
We had a sleep in and then went out to the Fountain of Youth which is where America was first settled. We went and saw how to work a musket. After that we saw a canon. It was very loud when it was fired. We saw some shelters of some Indians that once lived here.
Today we went on a Segway Tour.
1. Flagler College (the first hotel that had electricity)
2. A cathedral (it had a pipe organ with the most pipes in the world)
3. A popsicle shop (it had home made popsicles that were delicious)
4. A house on fire (it nearly took the chocolate shop!!!)
After lunch went to a animal rescue and rehabilitation park for exotic ...
Finally our pre season preparation was complete, provisions stashed and stowed, crew ready! The lead up to this day built a certain amount of anxious excitement. Having never sailed before or even knowing if I suffered with sea sickness, it was a world of unkown's and firsts for me.
The trust in your skipper is essential when you realize that your life is in ...
... stop was called The Backyard at Meehan's. To be perfectly honest, by the time we got here, we weren't' listening to the guides stories. In fact, he was drinking with the rest of us and we were making new friends from Florida, New Jersey and Arkansas.
The pub crawl was a fun way to learn a little about the city and meet new people. We may have to try this in another city!
Mindy & Danny