After sifting through feedback from hundreds of TravelPod bloggers, we made TP travel blogs more attractive and easier to navigate, while still keeping with time-honoured TravelPod blogging traditions.
We think you’ll like it.
We’ve worked very hard to maintain all the existing features on TravelPod that you love. We’re sure that you will feel right at home with the new look of your travel blog.
Look for these changes towards the middle of October, 2009.
The main differences between the old and the new look:
(To get this out as soon as possible and start collecting your opinions, we’ll be introducing the new design in phases. Some of these features might not be available on the first day)
- A cleaner, professionally designed look for your blogs
- Improved navigation for your visitors
- An additional world map clearly displaying your trip in the right-hand sidebar
- An interactive timeline at the top of the screen, making it easier to navigate between entries
- A larger and more attractive travel map, with bigger map pins and speedy navigation inside the map
- Blog comments can be left by non-members, and they will have the option to receive email updates of further blog comments
- A simple “thumbs up” voting system
- “Embedability” of your interactive travel map. You’ll be able to post your map on other websites like Facebook and Myspace
- Easier access to the “Support My Travels” option. You’ll collect more donations from visitors
In order to change the site to suit your needs, the TravelPod team has also been ultra-busy behind the scenes updating our website technology. This will allow us to easily change the site, adapting to your demands faster than ever before.
We’re constantly looking for ways to help you blog better and as always, your feedback shapes TravelPod.