Victoria'S Vineyard B&B
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations
TripAdvisor Reviews Victoria'S Vineyard B&B Altoona
Travel Blogs from Altoona
Our day on the road started at 6:45, with 769 Kms under our belt already, in a very fresh -24 degrees Celsius. Our day entailed four states: Michigan, Indiana, Illinois and Iowa including 100 Kms of the worst highway surface conditions either of us have ever endured (yes, even worse than Port Elgin Christmas of 1984 or Grand Forks, ND conference champs of 2006) and there was not even any 'active' weather. Black ice, hard packed snow and crazy drivers made the experience frightful, but ...
... out at 48 degrees in the hallway which was a tad chilly but not unbearable up front with the heat blasting on our feet. I wrapped my heavy parka hood around my neck and face, hung a fleece throw from one cab seat to the other, anchoring it with the arm rests for protection for Lily and didn't complain(do you beli
eve that?) We arrived ...
- Woke Up to my car almost being towed - Argued with a gentleman that i was allowed to be there -Got in my car and peeled out -Got a speeding ticket about 3 minutes out -Started Loathing this trip -Got to Des Moines -Mother called saying there was a family emergency -Had to cut the trip short but still having all the requirements for the ...
... what's happening inside me and list my fears and worries below, as irrational as they made be:
- I'm afraid my carry-on won't fit in the overhead compartment
- I'm afraid it will fit but I'll keep having to get up and access it and it will be a struggle to get inside the many pockets.
- I worry that there won't be a vegetarian option on the in-flight meal
- I'm afraid any turbulence will ...
... the Pink Beaver - we chatted for several minutes. This is a really nice change from the east coast.
The night ended with us going out to dinner at someplace called Machine Shed. Real down-home Iowan comfort food. I had steak, the others had an apple stuffed pork chop. Lots of fixin's. So good. Nice way to end the day with good friends. I'm kind of not ready to leave, but onward we must go. Next stop, Denver!