Taylor House Inn
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
How has this b&b rated in the past?
- Continental Breakfast
- Non-smoking hotel
- Non-smoking rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Free High-Speed Internet
Travelers also recommend:
TripAdvisor Reviews Taylor House Inn Valle Crucis
Travel Blogs from Valle Crucis
... lead to an uneasy alliance between the settlers and the Cherokee Indians. While the British are attempting to urge the Cherokee to wage war against all white settlers, Dr. Stuart’s medical efforts among the natives leads to a friendship between the Cherokee and the villagers. With the help of Nane’hi (Nancy Ward), “Beloved Woman” of the Cherokee people and Daniel Boone, the mountain settlement remains free of war ...
- Bethel Baptist Church puts on a Bethel Blast every 4th of July. They furnish pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, rolls, bottled water, soda, various desserts and watermelon. Local bands play in the big tent and fireworks at dark thirty. All this is free! ...
- It is amazing that this town has a 4th of July parade every year with the most simple of floats and entries and the whole town turns out and appreciates it as much as a Macy's parade. You can certainly feel the American pride and patriotism in this town.
- After the parade free watermelon and cake (made by the local bakery) are served on the lawn of the Jones ...
... enjoyed a snack, settling instead on a barbecue back at the camp using our new Weber BBQ that hasn't had many uses yet.
We have now visited three States - North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. We continue travelling north through Virginia this week heading eventually to Niagara Falls but not sure when we will get there. It has been a lot cooler since we left Durham with daily temperatures in the mid 70's and we have had reasonable days with quite a bit of drizzly rain in ...
- Met up with Jim and Darlene, who were with us on the Panama Canal cruise my sister and I took last November for lunch. They are staying in Ashville, NC so half way was Spruce Pines. We found a great restaurant for lunch.....Mountain View. It certainly lived up to their name.
- On the way back to Boone, I stopped at Linville Caverns.
- Next adventure was a trip to West Jefferson to go to the Ashe County cheese factory and get some ...