The Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations
TripAdvisor Reviews The Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast McGregor
Travel Blogs from McGregor
... my time allotted to I-20 is brief, about 100 miles and just as it curves northward towards the Dallas - Ft Worth area I exit to my new favorite class of road, US Goat Trail, in this case USGT-6. I will be passing under the D-FW mega-urban-metro-glomix, within about 50 miles of it, yet I am on a smooth continuously paved and virtually deserted agricultural road. Granted occasionally you have to allow for a combine or other farm machinery taking ...
Back on base at Meredyth's and on Friday we go to Waco Zoo in Cameron Park. This is relatively small and child friendly. so much so that it was heaving with school trips in the morning. it was quite well done but rather small enclosures for the lions & tiger. Max had a great time.
Saturday morning and after a visit to the Sunday/Pre-school Yard Sale, where Meredyth gets 3 boxes of train track stuff for $20, we head to Temple station for the train back ...
... walking - I became the walker. First night is bath night....
We had been warned about helicopters, reveille, and the nearby freight train but none of these were too bad (I just sleep through it).
We also unloaded the bag full of childrens' clothes, Liz had been given & our trusty blue bag (13 years of travel) is left in Fort Hood.
Meredyth had the 'one day only' opportunity to meet an old London flat ...
It was time for my first official trip as an active full-time RVer!
There were a number of *hiccups* in my meticulously planned travel day:
- In Huntsville, all traffic was detoured because of a community leader's funeral.
- I hit more pot holes than I could count.
- There were so many more 18-wheelers & bikers on the road for a Sunday than I expected.
- It took me ...
- Visited my first Texas college today
- Baylor University is such a wonderful school
- The college was founded in 1841
- The campus is absolutely beautiful
- Their mascot is the bears and their school colors remind me of the University of Oregon's
- I can't wait to visit another Texas school! ...