La Casa del Garbo
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Florence
... can we hit in one day? Let's see! Orsanmichele was also very different from other churches we had seen. Completed in 1404, there are 14 tabernacles on the outside, each one with a different saint depicted. Inside, there almost seemed to be two sides with separate "altars". The Madonna delle Grazie altar is to the right, not in the middle and, to the left is the votive altar of St. Anne. The Madonna delle Grazie altar immediately catches ...
... Piazza Giovanbattista Giorgini 22. This one is the less secret of all
the bakeries. It has a walk-up window outside and they are open
throughout the entire night.
4. Laboratoria di Pasticceria Arrighi - Near the Piazza San Marco
-It is located on the corner of via delle Ruote and via San Gallo. Once
you get to the vending machines, you are close! Keep looking!
5. Futura Pasticceria - ...
After the day that we had, though, we slept well (****** food notwithstanding).
Lessons learned today:
- When traveling to another country, it might be useful to look up when they do Daylight Savings Time. Otherwise, you're left with an extra hour to kill in the morning before any place actually opens and a Violet who is upset she missed another hour of sleep.
- I still hate pay toilets. ...
... interesting spaces here though, one is the map room where they have all these amazing maps of the various places that at the time had been explored and recorded....pretty amazing really what intrepid adventurers they must have been! So much of the world recorded. There's also this beautiful terrace that overlooks the river in Florence, what a magnificent view, it would be a brilliant place for a party! When we emerge we are both feeling a bit ...
... a Dante memorial) TUESDAY:
- The Bargello Museum (mostly Renaissance sculpture, including several Michelangelos & Donatellos)
- The Uffizi Gallery (the most extensive collection of Italian Renaissance paintings anywhere. Viewing all this took half a day)