Hartwig House Inn
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Denison
Another day of good weather, 691 kms covered and two more states, Illinois and Iowa, are behind us.
The boys are really taking to this travelling lifestyle.
- On my way to Grandma's house I stayed at the Lewis and Clark state Park
- Stayed there for 2 days and checked out some local monuments
- While looking around at the park I met a Native American woman who was a descendant of the Native American that accompanied Lewis and Clark as a guide on their joureney
- She had many stories to tell about her ancestors and their customs
- after spending $75.29 on gas I finally make it to my grandma's house ...
- 4 A.M.
- These constant 4 hour drives are starting to get on my nerves.
- Knowing we are almost there is the only thing keeping me going.
- Gassed up at Chevron.
- Bought some dry ice which should last us the rest of the way.
- We get back to it after stretching and walking around a bit.
- Gas Cost: $47.15
- Ice Cost: $7
Miles today 306 Total 1658.7Quite a good nights sleep in the tent but it was very warm for the first few hours and didn't nedd the sleeping bag at all. It has been many, many years since that happened.Up and packed by 08-00 so that it was all done in the shade. A few mile to the I 80 again then over the Mississippi. Followed the river to a bike shop but they didn't have any mesh trousers. Took the opportunity ...
... the construction on I-80. All across Wyoming, all across Nebraska and all across the half of Iowa we have driven the interstate has been slowed by one lane sections. It is not the primary reason we haven't done everything we wanted but it has contributed.