No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Chandlers' Inn Joseph
Travel Blogs from Joseph
- Visited the famous gravesite of Old Chief Joseph today.
- Woke up at about 9:00 AM, showered, got ready, and arrived at the landmark at 10:00 AM.
- We learned that the cemetery is a sacred place for the Nez Perce people.
- It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1985, listed as Wallowa Lake Site.
- The gravesite was beautiful, but the history and value behind it was what made it ...
- Pulled into Mountain View Motel and RV Park at 11:30 PM.
- Both of us were exhausted from a long day of driving, but we felt accomplished nonetheless because we were back on track for our original plan.
- The RV park charges only $30 a night during the winter.
- It had a very woodsy vibe to it.
- Didn't waste any time going to bed.
- We decided to get gas in the morning when we were refreshed from a good night's ...
Just thought I would mention why and where we are going on this trip. It is planned as a one month trip to see and explore interesting places without the pressure of "having to get there". We had all seen the great tv advertisements touting the "Seven Wonders of Oregon" and decided we would give it a go. Saw Barb ride yesterday, did a bit of sightseeing in Pendleton but found it very crowded with Rodeo activities ...
... surroundings. The Nez Perce National Forest is indeed quite beautiful, and the access road allows some great views into Hells Canyon, one of the deepest gorges in the earth (which is probably where the canyon gets its name). In the end, I still got a wonderful driving tour of the forest and its surrounding landscape. Heaven's Gate would have been great to see today, but I resolved to make a point of trying again tomorrow morning, as long as I have the ...
We both went driving out toward Hells Canyon around 5:30 this morning. We spoke to a state trooper along the way who stopped to make sure we were ok. Being pulled over, on the side of a narrow road at 5:30 in the morning would certainly indicate to normal people that something was wrong, but of course, we were just checking out the sights and taking some pictures. The ...
Other places to stay in Joseph
309 South Main Street, Joseph | B&Bfrom $139