The flight to Izmir was about 50 minutes. When I arrived I was met by my tour guide, Ali. My group included 10 people from Malaysia, Philippines, Romania, Japan and Bolivia. First we took a 30 minute ride to the house of Mary, mother of Isa. Well on the way, I observed beautiful, green and mountainous terrain. Ali informed the group that this was the only area in Turkey that doesn't get snow.
The city site was indescribable. I saddens me the only 15% of the town has been discovered so the other 85% is still underground. The fact that I was standing on history was unbelievable. After visiting the city for 2 hours, we had lunch on an outdoors lawn. The weather was slightly chilly but perfect nonetheless. Before the tour ended, we made a. Few more stops, one at a leather store which sold lamb skin leather products and a carpet store. Everyone in my group stayed in the town of Kusadasi except for me because I had to return to Istanbul. The town was amazing and if I ever decide to because an expat in Turkey, I would definitely live in Kusadasi which lies on the Aegean coast. I think the coastlineI really attracted me to the town in addition to it's population. It's not overcrowded such as Istanbul but it offered enough people to keep life interesting. It's also a smaller tourist area in comparison to Istanbul.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.